Marine Lt Col that asked for accountability over Afghanistan thrown in the brig

I was an active duty Air Force officer when that occurred. I was just company grade but was assigned to a DOD Joint Service operation. We had some special planning capabilities to support ingress and egress… some covert operations, some very much in the open. Another Captain and I spent many hours using those capabilities to assist plans from several services. And in one notable case, we took the artifacts we created to the white house complex to be briefed to the decision makers. Action was taken.

Sorry… you know nothing about what we did after the bombing…nor when we did it.

1 Like

So give us the hidden details.

Allan

Don’t be a child. Two people who actually were there and know what they are talking about have very politely told you to back off.

Do us all a favor and drop it.

So no details. Guess I will have to wait for the movie.

Allan

Until then debacle deluxe.

Allan

So magas raise 2,000,000 for this marine

Well except he’s a never trumper.

“However, Scheller has publically renounced any help from former President Trump or his followers, saying he would “rather sit in jail.”

A marine of principle for sure.

Allan

When did he say that dislike for Trump was the reason? I recall that he said he wanted no such support from anyone. Please provide a link. He may or may not dislike Trump. I don’t know. But we should at least get the facts and your link simply says that he prefers to rot in jail before taking contributions . Given his previous statement about not taking contributions, I am curious where you heard or read of his disdain for Trump.

1 Like

Did you even read the article.

“Writing on his Facebook page, he said: "President Trump. I was told by everyone to kiss the ring because of your following and power. I refuse. While I respect your foreign policy positions, I hate how you divided the country.“

No kissing of the ring. Lol.

Allan

Somehow that will be the Libs fault.

He definitely did the right thing. Too many toxic leaders have ■■■■ bagged the Army all to hell.

The guy who belongs in the Brig is Milley.

3 Likes

Wait a minute not so many posts ago he was grandstanding for social media.

Could we try one position per thread please.

2 Likes

All the people who screwed this all up are avoiding accountability…same story with that border disaster.

The people being held accountable are 1 marine and some border patrol agents and their horses.

2 Likes

If you noticed, I didn’t say he did or didn’t like Trump. Your snark was not necessary. But you probably had a cigarette after posting your response to me.

The libs are never held accountable these days. :roll_eyes:

Nice opinion on what an honored guest was doing.

This is actually IMHO one of the greatest tragedies of this tragic time (the Biden administration) in which we are living.

I know I harp on the border a lot…but with a couple of speeches and a couple of executive orders Biden turned that southern border into a complete train wreck. Why isn’t he being held accountable for 9 months of completely ignoring the laws he is supposed to be enforcing? That homeland security scum Mayorkas can go on tv and tell the most easily proven to be a lie ever, “the border is closed”, why hasn’t anyone held that moron accountable. The only people facing any accountability are those horseback border patrol agents.

There seems to be universal agreement that our withdrawal from Afghanistan was a debacle…yet the only person facing any accountability is a Marine who dared to question what happened. Where is the accountability for the generals who were apparently spending more time yapping about whiteness and critical race theory and giving bob Woodward interviews than planning this most important military exercise…it’s disgusting.

The most frequently used descriptive words during Biden seem to be debacle, fail failure or failed, and disaster. When will clueless Joe face some accountability for getting everything he has touched since he becomes POTUS wrong.

1 Like

In terms of a comparison is it different to what the Captain did who was concerned about the impact of COVID-19 on the personnel under him?

I have changed my mind.

Allan

So were you