Marine Lt Col that asked for accountability over Afghanistan thrown in the brig

He didn’t blame anyone else. In fact he said what would probably happen. He did it anyway because he thought it was the right thing and bigger then him.

1 Like

He was wrong. IMHO

All he had to do was wait for his paperwork. Then he could have been as vocal as he wanted. When I look back at this, what I will remember will be his insubordination. I won’t remember what his subordination was about, nor will I care.

With his action, I believe he made it all about him instead of his cause.

1 Like

You’re right. He essentially chose actions that were against the construct he was under. Now he must bear the consequences. (And he knew that going into what he chose to do.) Just like someone who chooses civil disobedience should be ready to face the consequences of the law he breaks.

The primary point of such action is to leverage the consequences to change what the individual views as being wrong.

As I noted before, his incarceration has put him back at the top of the news cycle. (He had essentially fallen off the media radar.) Being back on the radar not only draws attention back to himself, but also draws attention to the message he wants to make.

1 Like

Agree the attention is on him. I don’t agree about his message. It is hopelessly lost in the shuffle.

A group called Pipehitters has raise 1M for this guy so far.

Seems like he’s got himself a good gig here.

Another patriot in the gulag forever…

Thank you

2 Likes

My simple opinion remains the same…I ll trust people like STODR’s judgment re: the internal rules of the military but the big picture to me…

Americans just watched a major debacle in Afghanistan…the people who ran that disastrous mission are facing no accountability…none. But a mid level guy who dared to ask questions after years of honorable and patriotic service is paying the price.

On our southern border hundreds if thousands of illegal migrants have invaded this country. The people actually responsible for that disaster are facing no accountability…but mid level patriots who were doing their jobs horseback are being relieved of duty and threatened by no less than the president who’s policies led to the invasion. No accountability for the people who planned the failed policy…but that racist on that horse he’s got to pay.

This is a disturbing pattern.

Personally I find the actual patriots to be the officer in the brig and the agent on the horse.

5 Likes

We’ve had debacles before, remember Reagan turning tail in Lebanon, Carter disaterous rescue attempt of the hostages.

What we didn’t have before was social media. Everyone’s a star now.

Allan

And a Clausewitz.

You don’t know anything about either one of those.

Did you have an actual point?

There are still Americans stuck in Afghanistan right now…left there by the unaccountable president you voted for who said he wouldn’t leave anyone behind.

The people who made the plans and created the crisis get to go about their lives while the mid level officers and the guys who are supposed to be enforcing the law this president abandoned at the border have their lives and careers ruined.

Try to focus on the present.

2 Likes

I know Reagan turned tail, and Carter rescue plan was a dismal failure.

Allan

The point is that we had problems before and know one ended up disobeying a direct order because of it.

Now with social media, everyone is a star and famous. Look at this guy.

No one knew him and then wham. Famous.

Allan

Are they stuck, or did they decide to stay for whatever reason?

You have no way of knowing that.

Your doing what you always do…try to find someway to rescue your failed positions by looking to the past instead of recgnizing the reality of today.

The reality of today is that we have the same result from two unrelated Biden caused debacles.

9 months of this administration letting hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens enter this country all the while turning the border over to the criminals…and the only people being held accountable are patriots on horses.

A completely unnecessary Biden administration caused embarrassment in Afghanistan and the only person held accountable is a soldier with 17 years of honorable service who questioned why the debacle happened.

Seems this administration and the people actually making decisions for clueless Joe are far more eager to go after those who dare to question them and in particular law enforcement than they are to accept real accountability.

I guess “the buck stops with me” is just another turd on the dogpile of Biden lies.

2 Likes

Should have waited until he became a civilian but nooooo.

He had to be a star…self promotion…

Allan

Odd, you missed the best comparison… Libya.

1 Like

and just like Assange… Most of the left does not care who the govt jails for politics or for how long.

1 Like

Yeah and Biden could have not ■■■■■■ the whole thing up in the first place and then it wouldn’t be an issue…And if my horse had wings she’d be named Pegasus…and if I’d won the lottery last night I’d be writing a sternly worded letter of resignation telling my boss what I really think of him.

But none of that happened.

What happened was that our failed president, a man about whom the most frequently used descriptive words seem to be “Failure”, “Crisis”, and “Debacle” created a disaster in our Afghanistan withdrawal that got people killed and humiliated the country, one soldier had the balls to ask why…None of the people who planned and executed the Crisis level Failed Debacle have faced an ounce of accountability…But the one Marine is the bad guy?

But hey keep peddling the leftist story…It’s not wearing well.

2 Likes

Did you see that your boy Biden got booed at the baseball game last night.

A leftist Democrat getting booed in DC…That’s how far that idiot has slipped.

But hey take it out on the soldier and a border patrol agent and his horse!

Have a nice day…

1 Like