March jobs report, 900,000 plus added....Good news?

It was one of them. Sorry, but I’m not taking the time to write down entire conversations over the years to placate someone who wants to defend the Carter years.

1 Like

Well as Rod Sterling used to say on The Twilight Zone: Imagine a time and place where you have double digit inflation, double digit unemployment, and double digit interest rates.

Some folks had variable mortgage loans that hit 15/16 percent during the Jimma period.

Did i mention gas lines at the pump and only able to buy gas every other day?

The Iranians held much of our embassy people hostage for much of Jimma’s tenure as well.

The man was a disaster.

Biden may well rival the Carter disaster given a little time. He certainly is off to a fast start toward damaging the country.

2 Likes

I said THANK HIM!!!

Every democrat is carter, every republicans is reagan.

I wonder who people used in the 60s

FDR or Hoover?

1 Like

Gas lines and stagflation were already a thing when Carter took office. Shouldn’t we blame Ford and Nixon for that?

Remember WIN buttons?

Over 9 million jobs were created during the Carter administration. Shouldn’t we credit Carter for that?

That hope never does seem to work out. lol

1 Like

Here’s a nice link from the New York Times from 2019 that belies your opinion.

“More than 76,000 migrants crossed the border without authorization in February, an 11-year high and a strong sign that stepped-up prosecutions, new controls on asylum and harsher detention policies have not reversed what remains a powerful lure for thousands of families fleeing violence and poverty.

“The system is well beyond capacity, and remains at the breaking point,” Kevin K. McAleenan, commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told reporters in announcing the new data on Tuesday.

The nation’s top border enforcement officer painted a picture of processing centers filled to capacity, border agents struggling to meet medical needs and thousands of exhausted members of migrant families crammed into a detention system that was not built to house them — all while newcomers continue to arrive, sometimes by the busload, at the rate of 2,200 a day.”

Allan (facts over opinions)

Carter was bad. But far from the worse president of the time

Ford was worse by far.

Allan

I was a kid in the 60s and people still talked about them almost daily, some from personal experience. My father in law was born in 1902. In the 20s he was a collections agent for Beneficial Finance. He would drive a car until the road ran out, rent a horse and ride out to a home to collect a five dollar loan payment on a fifty dollar loan. You could get a steak dinner for a quarter. He lived through the depression and kept an entire closet full of toilet paper until the day he died at 95 years old.

And liberals telling us why those numbers don’t actually mean anything good.

You obviously never saw the monthly threads during the trump years.

Allan

I did… hence my response.

I bumped a thread from 2019.

Allan

Like this?

A 4 is pretty average.

Allan

Then why do non american countries also have vaccines if it’s all thanks to Trump?

Also why did america suck so much at reducing covid spread during trump’s term?

3 Likes

“Liberate Michigan” wasn’t an International slogan?

well, I was really just throwing it back at someone for blaming biden for the covid deaths on his watch, since the pandemic started well before his time, seems kind of silly.

I will say this - Trump isn’t responsible for all the UE due to Covid, and Biden isn’t responsible for the new jobs created as we open back up.

But if you go around blaming biden for everything bad, well, I’m gonna throw this kind of stuff out there.

Really? I congratulated Trump every month the numbers came up under him.