March 4 2017 Spying accusation

The part about the July 2016 meeting is true.

Whether or not he was working with Manafort is undetermined

And what did they come back with?

Also want to throw this outā€¦little trip down memory lane.

The letter to congressional leaders, first reported by Reuters, explains that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court approved all of the 1,456 electronic wiretap requests that Justice Department lawyers made in 2015. It also approved all 142 of the governmentā€™s requests to compel companies to turn over electronic records in bulk.

Now think about that for moment.

All 2015 warrants were approved.

Yet this one didnā€™t get it until they did what?

Just what I thoughtā€¦you donā€™t even know.

I do know.

I gave you where the information is contained.

1 Like

I asked YOU. Do you understand that?

Unless you need a link to form your opinion.

Is this all part of establishing a grand conspiracy that the CIA and FBI were establishing a conspiracy to ā€œget Trumpā€ in order to discredit the whistle blower even though what the whistle has been blown on has been confirmed by the President?

It was a matter of fact that was asked ā€¦ not an opinion.

2 Likes

I know what went down and what information that was manipulated.

I also mention how FISA process has been abused.

If you really were a liberalā€¦it should concern you.

Little info.

It mention about the abuse of system where they used that to spy on Americans that was intended for for only to foreign intelligence.

Judge Thomas Hogan said there was no requirement that access to email and other forms of Internet communications under a controversial surveillance program be restricted only to foreign intelligence uses, he wrote in a November opinion released this week in partially redacted form.

Soā€¦it is not established that there was a well ordered conspiracy between Russian leaders, Carter Page and Manafort at all.
In fact, it was not established that Page and Manafort even knew each other.
All that was established was that Page went to a very un secret meeting in July of 2016.

Soā€¦the part of the dossier about Page being trueā€¦is something that you will bring up again in future posts, I assume.

Sure. Fair enough.

I will make that distinction in the future.

My opinions about the FISA warrants are separate from what my opinions are what happened in 2016.

Guess why I never voted for Obama.

Do you understand the concern here. The first warrant was turned down until they made Russian Dossier driving factor in getting the warrant passed.

And continued using it to get 3 additional warrants.

Once the warrant is issued then they can legally search their date going back years if necessary. So all the date that Page had with Trump campaign was then availableā€¦and his connections date.

This is oldie but goodie info from NPR.

Since it was revealed recently that the National Security Agency puts the phone records of every American into a database, the Obama administration has assured the nation that such records are rarely searched and, when they are, officials target only suspected international terrorists.

And thus the reason for all unmasking that was done in last 6 months of Obama administration.

2 Likes

And once again. This wasnā€™t happening in a vacuum.

There was real concern by the IC of what was going on in 2016 with a foreign power working to effect the election.

Canā€™t ignore that part of the story.

1 Like

Do you really believe that?

Or was it used to justify their spying?

They had no evidence that Page was involved. Just his past history of working with Russianā€¦who BTW had keep FBI informed and sometimes offered his service.

If Trump thinks China is interfering with our election would it be alright for Trump to spy on anyone in Warren campaign that had ties or past dealings with China without any concrete evidences?

Seriously would you be OK with that?

1 Like

If it was done in the legal and proper mannerā€¦ of course I would be fine with that.

Rememberā€¦ we didnā€™t know any of this was happening until after the election.

This is why I think that the President was leaning on Ukraine to open an investigation because of a foreign power does it, he can talk about it publicly.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Spying on Americans is illegalā€¦just because they found a loophole to circumvent the laws doesnā€™t make it legal.

Specially for political purpose. This is our goverment we are talking aboutā€¦a goverment that must remain politically neutral at all times. When it doesnā€™t thatā€™s when problem arises.

Carter Page has already left the Trump campaign. Hard to make a case that it was a political attack.

Even though I do believe that there is need of FISA reformā€¦ it is still a warrant and it is still due process.

Never made that guess as to why I never voted for Obama.

1 Like

You did.

Nope. Never voted for the guy.