Manufacturing plant to leave Minneapolis

Yup. Once an addict, always an addict. They even say so in their meetings.

1 Like

Which in no way implies they are bad people once they get clean and turn their lives around. Heck, even still using doesn’t make them bad people, unless they are victimizing others as a result.

I agree with this.

I’m a reformed borderline alcoholic. I had an addiction to liquor.

With some help from friends, I was able to make the choice not to continue down the road I was on and I was able to kick the habit.

I will always say I’m an addict because the demons are still there. That’s why I don’t drink liquor.

I drink beer. But I never had the issue of dependence that I had with liquor. I like beer. I needed liquor.

He had great rating until he endorsed Trump.

1 Like

From the article:

“They don’t care about my business,” 7-Sigma Inc.’s president and owner, Kris Wyrobek, told The Star Tribune about Minneapolis public officials. “They didn’t protect our people. We were all on our own.”

The city will lose about 50 jobs when the company skips town, a move that Wyrobek said he had “not in my wildest nightmare” considered before the riots. Now, he is “cautiously optimistic” that he can rebuild his company elsewhere, “but we are certainly not able to do that in Minneapolis.”

Wonder how many more businesses will follow suit? Things are likely going to get much worse before they get better if they even do.

And if he was a Obama supporter and spoke at his campaign rallies, the cons here praising him now, would be calling him a crack head.

I am keeping an eye out on their real estate prices, saved a couple of listings on Redfin to periodically check. No real movement thus far.

Can’t be, too soon. Real estate values only start going down after houses sell for less, that drives down comps. It can’t happen over night. Comps are generally the average sale price of homes over the past year. So it takes a bit of time to drive that average down. Plus very recent sales were likely under contract before this began.

I’m blessed in not having struggled with addiction, other than nicotine. I drink to get faced once or twice a year (4th of July and Christmas.) I used to party a lot in my 20’s but even then I could take it or leave it.

It’s my recollection that Minneapolis had been on a decline even before this. What is the average price of housing there compared to the rest of the state and the country?

I guess that makes sense. I would’ve thought that demand would’ve made a precipitous drop in a short time and the market would react.

Zillow says up 3.3% over the last year, predicting they fall 1.8% next year. Predicting they fall even more in Chicago next year, 2.3%. No idea how recently they made those predictions though.

This Zillow report sheds some light:

https://www.zillow.com/minneapolis-mn/home-values/

The crime statistics are pretty lousy:

It’s going to get much worse imo if they cave to demands from the criminal rioters and idjits such as Omar.

She is demanding they dismantle the police.

Do you know whether this represents a national trend or is it specific to Minneapolis?

Not great but also not very fair to compare any big city crime statistics to those in national average.

My area, up 8.3% last year, predicted to rise 0.9% next year. I’d say everyone took a hit with the Covid shutdowns is what these stats are showing.

1 Like

Nah, they won’t miss the police precinct. Pretty sure that would fall under their defund the police program. :wink:

True. I grew up in an inner city and by and large have many of the same problems they did 50 years ago when I grew up there. Still have higher crime, graffiti, garbage on the streets and sidewalks, drugs, and more crowded than ever.

1 Like