Manufacturing index falls to lowest in a decade

Well the good news is that the Dow was only down 340 points(we’re back to January 2018 levels) and Atlanta’s revised GDP prediction is 1.8%.

1 Like

That is rough. I’ve been expecting 2.2% or so.

@adroit Do you think you will do another projection explanation when Q3 comes in, for where Q4 needs to be to end the year at certain benchmarks? That was amazing last year!

Certainly! I’ll do that towards the end of the month. Oct 29 we’ll get the 2019Q2 update as well as the 2018 annual update. Then, we’ll get the advance 2019Q3 estimate on Oct 30. Should be interesting.

1 Like

They went up to 2.1% last week, but then that manufacturing report came out today.

2 Likes

Sweet! You are the man! I thoroughly enjoy you breaking it down for us all.

1 Like

Sorry you misunderstand. It’s terrible news.

Trump knows it’s terrible so he makes the fed the scapegoat.

Allan

Thank you! I enjoy nerding out on all of it and the discussion we have around it :smiley:

1 Like

Trump’s economic reforms? There were more jobs created during Obama’s last 30 months than during Trump’s first 30 months.

1 Like

Good…worse the better

More like an exercise in ***kissing!

You might want to hold off criticizing Trump on the stock market. The indicators are that Warren is the favorite to win now among the democrats on the betting sites as well as many polls have her winning both Iowa and New Hampshire.

You think the market sucks with Trump wait to Warren takes over. Wall Street as well as some big money donors are terrified of her economic policies which include but not limited to taxing the hell out of everyone and everything including dividends and retirement account as well as breaking up big tech companies.

Trump is looking at the economy over the next few decades by attempting to stop China from stealing our technology and opening up their markets just as freely to us as we are to them. You need to look past next Friday’s paycheck and think about all of them going forward for all of us plus our children.

IMO…you should open your eyes more, your mouth less and learn something.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Typical Trumpets, rather than addressing the issue you toss an insult. #SAD

“Few decades?” So what are we talking 20, 30, 40 years? We’re talking decades of stagnation? For what? Again, I see zero objective measures as to what these Trump policies are trying to achieve. What will the economy look like when these policies come to fruition? Job growth, GDP, stock market, national debt. What will those be?

1 Like

Where is the Warren plan for taxing retirement accounts?

Right now we have a stagnant economy and huge deficit spending. Neither of which I want. If Warren means stagnant economy or worse but at least some government fiscal responsibility I’ll take it.

Every effort to stimulate the economy by cutting taxes on the wealthy – whether at the national level under Bush or Trump, or at the state level in Kansas – has failed to produce the promised results. Instead, this approach to taxes has increased the trend to stockpiling the nations wealth in the hands of relatively few.

Maybe it is time to try something different rather than continuing the charade of providing a kickback to big political donors in the guise of stimulating the economy.

There are plenty of things to invest in besides stocks… assuming one has sufficient funds to invest and plenty of other economic yardsticks beside the Dow.

“Assuming one has significant funds.” Half the country doesn’t even have a savings account and another 25% of those who do have less than $5000 in it. These people don’t have the means to make real estate and other bigger investments, as well as the savings accounts
have hardily any interest rates a 401k is the best a lot of people can do.