Man yelling 'anti-Trump' rhetoric opens fire at President's Miami-area golf resort

Ummm…no one shot up a pizzeria in DC. Check your facts. Some guy hung around with a gun until they dragged him off.

Pssssst…read the link. Take note of words like “walked in the front door” and “pointed a firearm” and “proceeded to discharge the rifle inside the building”.

https://www.google.com/search?q=man+shoots+up+comet+ping+pong&oq=man+shoots+up+comet+ping+pong&aqs=chrome..69i57.6320j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

A 29-year-old North Carolina man who fired a military-style assault rifle inside a popular Washington pizzeria in December, wrongly believing he was saving children trapped in a sex-slave ring, was sentenced on Thursday to four years in prison.

OK. You win. I guess “at least three shots” does count as shooting up.

“Edgar Welch, 28, of Salisbury, was accused of firing at least three shots from an AR-15 rifle inside the Comet Ping Pong pizzeria in December and pointing the gun at an employee after showing up to investigate the online conspiracy rumors. No one was hurt.”

In any case, I do agree that Fake news is bad whether its Inforwars talking about that pizza shop or USAToday saying that Trump called all undocumented immigrants “animals”.
However, regrettable as it is, the alternative of having the government stop them is worse.

1 Like

Thus there are crazy people all over the place. Right side. Left side. Center. Nuts are nuts. All they need is something to trigger them. Maybe instead of always trying to pin the crazy on our political opponents we should just pin the crazy on the crazy. I’m pretty sure there aren’t that many people who would find people like these guys to be anything to admire.

I certainly don’t want the government deciding “real” news from “fake” news. No way. So at least we agree on that. :+1:

Very true. Crazy doesn’t apply to only one end of the political spectrum.

Sadly, there are many people that admire the crazies that act out and kill. I had never heard of the whole “Incel” thing, then a guy goes on a rampage and I find out there are thousands of aggrieved dudes that are pissed off because they can’t get laid. Some to the point they’ll kill. Crazy!

Beck definitely had his fans. Remember this guy? This was back when we were all terrified of the Tides Foundation, for some reason. Byron Williams had had enough.

Williams was reportedly heavily armed with a handgun, shotgun, rifle and body armor. Shortly after the shooting, a CHP sergeant said that “There is no doubt in our mind, given the body armor and the extensive amount of ammunition he had, that he was on his way to do a very serious crime against either someone or a group of people” And indeed, Williams reportedly told investigators that “his intention was to start a revolution by traveling to San Francisco and killing people of importance at the Tides Foundation and the ACLU.”

The ACLU is a very well-known entity, but the Tides Foundation, which seeks to “promote economic justice, robust democratic processes, and the opportunity to live in a healthy and sustainable environment where human rights are preserved and protected,” is much more obscure.

Williams may have been a disturbed individual who was destined to explode. But the question the media should be asking is why he decided to target Tides.

According to his mother, Williams “watched the news on television and was upset by ‘the way Congress was railroading through all these left-wing agenda items.’”

Nut jobs on all sides and they are all influenced by irresponsible rhetoric that paints the other side as demons that need to be stopped at all costs.

This isn’t a right/left/gun control problem. The problem is that the FDA decided that mania, suicide, aggression and homicidal ideation are acceptable side effects to some prescription drugs.

Holy moly. No, I did not recall that episode.

Cite your source for what motivated the Las Vegas Shooter.

Did you even bother to read it?

gun control.

The claims by those people and others could not be verified because the names of all witnesses were blacked out in the 1,200 pages of police reports and accounts that the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department made public after losing court battles to keep them secret.

Police and the FBI have not determined a motive in the ongoing investigation. Authorities said they believe Stephen Paddock acted alone and the attack had no link to international terrorism. Law enforcement refused Wednesday to provide any additional information, including refusing to say whether the reports were credible.

Yeah and quit pissing them off, they go over the edge and hurt people.

Something stinks.

Indeed it does, it’s the "argument’ you keep dropping as you’re walking.

The fact is, Trump has zero history of being a 2nd Amendment supporter prior to deciding to run as a republican. Suddenly then he becomes the NRA’s best friend.

No one ever said he was anyone’s best friend, quit making things up and stick to the truth whether you like it or not. It was reported he met with NRA officials regarding Florida and it is a fact that they helped shape part of the prescribed solutions.

You claimed he’s an “Active member of the NRA” did you not?

Were you not bragging about how he stuck it to Pelosi and crowd as an example?

As for the “best friend”, I didn’t attribute that comment to anyone but myself.

Trump has no history as a 2nd Amendment Supporter prior to deciding to run as a republican and if he thought the only way to get reelected was to toss us under the bus he would.

The man has yet to demonstrate he has any core principles at all.

link to Fox News reporting that Obama was instituting martial law.

I already provided a link to Glenn Beck saying as much on Fox News.