Man Who Fired First Shots Behind Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha Has Been Charged

In my experience at the SO. PR (or ROR as we call it in Florida - Released on Own Recognizance) is issued under many restrictions and for misdemeanor charges, not felonies.

1 Like

What is difficult to believe? He was a minor in possession of a firearm and shot three people.
Even self-defense does not excuse his open carry of a firearm at age 17 and leaving the scene of a felony. Even if he gets out of the shooting on self defense, I can’t think of a way out of his possession charge. And if those are felony charges he is likely going to do some time, lose his right to own a firearm and the right to vote.

If you charge him as a minor in possession, you can’t charge him as an adult for murder.

I shouldn’t say can’t. But if attempted one set of charges or the other will likely get tossed out on their ear.

4 Likes

Boudin probably thinks they identify as poc.

1 Like

I studied law in California. So I am not aware what the law is in Wisconsin. Perhaps some of the legal minds here can address your thoughts. I do know that what I have learned from some of the DA’s that I have associated with, they will go with the highest charge that they think has the best percentage of getting a verdict in their favor with a jury. And in the end, he might skate on the self defense charges, but I will bet dollars to dog nuts that the families of those he shot will file civil suits. And then it will down to a jury to decide if he will owe millions of bucks. And like I was taught in law school, if you file suit and loose, file again. In some states you can keep on filing civil suits until you get a jury that will side with you.
Yes, it is a screwy system. And I side with English law which states that if you lose a suit you pay the costs. And it should be the same here, but it isn’t.

All too true.

1 Like

Unfortunately Mass is a state where the burden of proof is on the defender rather than the state.

This information however pretty well assures he has a solid case of self defense.

When there is a disparity of force you are not legally required to use equal force either which again bolsters his case.

Based on what is currently known if Rittenhouse doesn’t walk it will be a travesty of justice.

3 Likes

Too much Hollywood Bull ■■■■■

Why are you citing Mass law? It is not in play here.
And disparity of force does not address his other charges.
Like I said, I am not fluent on Wisconsin law.
But I do not believe that there can not be blanket excoriation based on the charges.

disparity of force addresses the issue of his using the firearm in self defense so the rest is really moot.

Maybe I got the state wrong, I haven’t been keeping up. Where did it occur?

EDTA:

I see now. Wisconsin is similar, the burden of proof is on the defendant which is completely upside down.

A person acting lawfully in their own defense or in defense of another should never be bankrupted or face prison for doing so unless the state can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they were not acting lawfully in doing so.

Kenosha Wisconsin

Which maybe can be used in his defense. However it does not address him being a 17 year old crossing state lines and open carry a weapon. I don’t think that he has a defense for that.

I don’t either and the fed’s can deal with that if they so choose.

Minor in possession of a handgun is a class B Misdemeanor so it’s no biggie.

He didn’t cross state lines with it. It was already in Wisconsin.

But yes, the minor in possession will be hard to beat unless the DA over reaches.

Which from the sounds of the DA is altogether possible.

good luck with that.

Radical San Francisco DA Drops Charges Against Man Who Attacked Cops

Boudin, as Breitbart News and others have reported, is the son of two activists in the Weather Underground, which the FBI calls a domestic terrorist organization, who were getaway drivers in a 1981 armored car heist that led to the deaths of two police officers and a guard, the UK Guardian recalled.

2 Likes

seems kind of a stretch to charge someone as an adult for being a minor…

3 Likes

So this is where the GOP is today.

The moron who got himself shot in the head was on video screaming, “Shoot me, ■■■■■ !” at Rittenhouse shortly before forcing him to defend himself.

I’ve heard that shouting racist things can get someone hurt. :man_shrugging:

Negligent discharges are cool. lol