Majority of autism risk lies in genes, international study finds

And screw other children who die because your kid catches something.

Yes it does.

I didn’t address “how” deliberately. I don’t buy the connection in the first place, personally.

I was just commenting on the logic of the words on the table. If the majority of (insert whatever) comes from (insert majority cause), that leaves other causes to account for the minority remainder of (insert whatever).

But its already been determined that vaccines are NOT one of those minority.

Why do you waste your time responding to me.

I hope you realize that practically every one of your replies (in just about any thread) serves to reinforce what I think of you.

This reply, doubly so.

1 Like

And I should care what you think of me because?

It’s clear you don’t care what anyone thinks of you, as demonstrated by the volume of idiotic posts you make. Often even your lib cohorts take you to task.

I was just saying.

I’ll go back to ignoring (and laughing at) your posts. Carry on.

Here’s one article supporting that idea:

Sure it does!

https://www.drugs.com/slideshow/vaccines-autism-link-1168

Interesting one study noted more boys than girls were counted among autism diagnoses.

Thanks for the link. It makes sense since the average age of the father has increased over the past 20 years.

I’m not surprised. This re-affirms that vaccines are NOT the direct cause of autism- I think what some people are noticing, is that their kids have a pre-deposition to autism, and the vaccine may have accelerated symptoms. Kind of like what happens with early onset Schizophrenia. It may or may not have triggered it, but it isn’t the source, either.

All the studies that support the anti-vaxx movement have been from the early 2000’s, and newer studies have come out, pretty much demonstrating that there is no link to vaccines and autism. Sorry guys, but I’m pro-vaxx through and through. There’s no reason to not get your kid vaccinated, and I think refusal to do so would be medical neglect. I do however, think that laboratories, clinics, and hospitals should be transparent in what goes into their vaccines, so that way they will be liable under false advertising laws, and some people’s fears can be put to rest.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this here since the first anti vaccination threads started back on the old forum. But Jenny McCarthy knows everything!

2 Likes

It’s true. I providede services for people with intellectual disabilities about 90 in total. I have 4 women who have autism and about 50 men and boys.

There was one “study” implicating vaccines in autism, Wakefield’s, and it has since been determined to be fraudulent.

2 Likes

I don’t even consider that to be a study, tbh. I consider it to be propaganda. As you said, he fudged the results, and had his license revoked.

2 Likes

Wakefield was a quack. Most people in the field never gave it much credence.

2 Likes

Appears Down Syndrome children are more likely to be male as well:

Anti feminist Camille Paglia, who can easily be found on YouTube, argues that women haven’t achieved quite the artistic or professional greatness of men not because of discrimination, but because IQ levels in women tend to be more in the average range than high end of the spectrum. They also, in her argument, are less likely to present on the lower IQ range of the spectrum, which is pretty much shown by Down Syndrome statistics in particular.

My grandson was diagnosed with Aspergers and although I was not aware of autism at the time I know now, my son ( his father ) does as well. I have always thought of them as having a blessing!
Vaccines are a whole other ball of wax. I have never bought into the vaccine/ autism correlation. But I am questioning the validity of the safety of vaccines. I would like to see transparency from the CDC and the medical community about what ingredients are in vaccines as well as harm from vaccines.

1 Like

How old was your son when he had your grandson?

It’s not that most children with autism are born to older fathers, it’s that older fathers are likelier than younger fathers to have autistic children. Since more young men become fathers, there are more autistic children born to young men.