Mainstreaming implanted microchips

“And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six” (Revelation 13:16-18 NASB). Despite concerns from Christians and privacy advocates, more people are slowly but surely starting to warm to the idea of microchips as a means of convenience. They will eventually become so useful that they will be increasingly difficult to refuse. The benefits will outweigh the risks. "Right now, thousands of people in countries like Germany and Sweden have already opted to get chipped for easier financial transactions…2,000 to 3,500 people in Germany have implanted a microchip under their skin “as a substitute for key cards to the gym, office, and house.” As the available uses for microchips continue, their popularity is sure to rise. “In Sweden, a pioneer in what’s known as “biohacking (adding cybernetic devices to living things)”, as many as 4,000 people have implanted microchips, usually for convenience features, essentially turning their hands into contact-less credit cards, key cards, and even railcards. The microchips are injected into the back of the hand between the thumb and index finger.”

It’s important to note that while the chips themselves are not the mark of the beast, the chips provide the technology to make the mark of the beast possible. Approximately 1,260 days into the Tribulation, the Antichrist will fulfill the passage I quoted at the beginning of this post. Before the knowledge increase (Daniel 12:4) of the 20th and 21st centuries, it would have made sense for people to wonder how any one person could ever track the entire world’s population to see who is loyal to him and to single out those who aren’t for extinction. That is entirely possible in our generation for the first time in history. We are not in the Tribulation right now, but the time to turn to Christ is now if you have not already. Don’t wait. Whether the Tribulation starts next year or 50 years from now, we need to be ready. And even if the end is not as near as the next sunrise (although it could very well be when taking into account things like this) the fact is the “end of the world” comes for people every day when they die. “Behold now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation” (2 Corinthians 6:2 KJV).

SOURCE

Revelation and the “mark of the beast” took place in Roman times. That mark has nothing to do with today’s technologies.

You are going to trigger evangelicals, be ready.

:):smiley:

In the year 3000 we will just be brains in machines

If Fallout has taught me anything this is a bad bad idea.

1 Like

I disagree. It’s getting late and there are some things I need to do before bed, but I look forward to getting into that with you as this thread progresses. Needless to say, I wholeheartedly reject preterism.

Evil microchips you say? Hey, just in time for the holiday. Sing it with me!

Five more days to Halloween, Halloween,
Halloween, five more days to Halloween, Silver Shamrock!!

Personally I’m looking forward to the Day of the Dead celebrations here in town on Saturday.

Is that the Mexican celebration of Halloween, or fan gathering for the Romero film? If it’s the latter, I might be interested in turning up just to hear Captain Rhodes yell “I’m runnin’ this monkey farm now, Frankenstein!!!”

Sort of the Mexican version of Halloween. The dead are allowed to visit their living relatives, as long as they have a picture of them displayed.