Maine mayor resigns after his racist text message is leaked

There are many parts of Detroit that are very nice. I’m guessing you don’t make it there very often(if you’ve ever been).

Want to know why?

I used to live in Minneapolis, MN. At the time, thousands of Somali refugees were being brought into St. Paul ad placed on welfare.

After a few years, the mayor of St. Paul started asking new Somali refugees to be placed somewhere else. Their welfare system was totally bankrupt.

Did the guy get kudos for letting so many Somalis into St. Paul? No, he was castigated as racist because he’d tried to ease St. Paul’s welfare burden by asking future Somalis to go somewhere else.

The only jobs Somalis seemed to ever get in St. Paul were as cab drivers - soon all the white cabbies were out of business because the Somalis - and other immigrants (and when I say immigrants I mean immigrants, not illegal immigrants) had their jobs. How could that happen except by them being willing to accept rock bottom wages? And this was in the days before GPS, so any cab ride with one of these immigrants was an adventure, as you basically had to tell him how to get you where you wanted to go.

The Somalis in Maine weren’t placed there. They immigrated there because of something that Maine has a lot of l… cheap land.

It always takes a couple of generations for assimilation… but Lewiston lost it’s ■■■■ over the Somalis.

couldn’t happen to a nicer person…

What the hell did I just read?

5 Likes

Some crazy abracadabra magic type ■■■■■

1 Like

What you read was antisemitic ranting topped with a spoonful of victimhood thrown on top as a disguise. It’s like when someone says I’m not a racist cause I go to church with one black guy.

4 Likes

Actually I do believe they were rejected by the people of Massachusetts’ then poorest city before settling in Lewiston, ME:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/761387/posts

I was fairly new in the Boston area & remember this story from that time period. There weren’t much in the way of jobs for the natives, making them not too content to receive these then new refugees.

I feel the same way about interacting with the largely Indian immigrants near me. Compared to some of our elderly residents, they’re not kvetching about stupid stuff like some poir soul forgot about her laundry because she…gasp…is cooking for her family at the same time. They generally don’t care, unlike the elderly native borns, about kids making noise during hours that aren’t posted as quiet hours, or stray joggers in the neighborhood.

I’m moving to another town at the end of the month. April 29 can’t get here soon enough.

From what I understand, the first wave of them were leaving Atlanta. They left for a better life and initially for Maine’s pretty good welfare program… but the evidence had shown that as the economy has picked up, that they are coming off the dole at a proportional rate to the rest of the State.

It is overall a positive because the one resource that Maine desperately needs is young people.

1 Like

Someone mistook this site for Stormfront.

1 Like

They’re also making it big as restaurateurs. I’d rather eat Italian, Middle Eastern, Indian Somali cuisine than that of Minnesota’s dominant population, Scandinavian descended people.

Try www.allrecipes.com and it’s search function for examples of various Scandinavian cuisine. I’m sorry but it looks awful. And I’m saying that as someone with Scandinavian heritage.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

You would think that after all these years, that people would realize lutefisk is disgusting and should never be allowed…

2 Likes

And here it is, for those unfamiliar:

:nauseated_face:

“It sounds like he was done in by his old girlfriend.”

Mel Gibson Part Deux

1 Like

Right wing cesspool? Once again, it never fails leftists (aka left wing) always are guilty of what they accuse others of.

The racist mayor was a leftist?