Madison Avenue Firm Sues DeBlasio, NYPD

Cuomo and others for the destruction of their business.

Interesting to see how this plays out

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/business-names-cuomo-de-blasio-more-for-100m-lawsuit-linked-to-riots/?fbclid=IwAR10YhEIwDXM4TJ_rLWGzUGSC7zCAVdVVGhTlBmlruyAMlI2hlnXyeRbsR0

“Where are our tax dollars going? Rocks, bricks thrown? Glass smashed? Merchandise stolen? Thrown out? People hurt? Millions lost? Businesses destroyed? Lives crushed? Not protecting commercial properties is negligence of duty. It’s looters against New York City and state.”

1 Like

history never repeats…

seattle, atlanta, minneapolis, boston, chicago, columbus, dallas, denver, detroit, houston, los angles…

just for starters

Hopefully…this reality will become…the shot heard round the world? :sunglasses:

Good. I hope we see more lawsuits and more forward rather than reactionary thinking, such as:

Bozeman wants a federal court order to prevent another protest zone and told KIRO 7:

“Seattle has, for some time perpetuated a culture where people come in and basically do what they want, destroy property, riot, if you will, and now they’ve got this idea it is part of their civil right to take over a portion of the city.”

1 Like

I don’t see how they have a case. Police don’t really have a duty to do anything for the public.

If the political admins told them to not follow protocol they may well have a case.

I doubt that they will get much $ though.

There is no duty to follow a protocol either.

This case is the same as autotheft victims complaining that the cops didn’t come fast enough when called, and didn’t care enough about the crime when they did. Look at the quote from the attorney:

Where are our tax dollars going? Rocks, bricks thrown? Glass smashed? Merchandise stolen? Thrown out? People hurt? Millions lost? Businesses destroyed? Lives crushed? Not protecting commercial properties is negligence of duty. It’s looters against New York City and state.”

“I pay your salary, blah blah blah”

The only reason this is news is because these crime victims have a lot more money than usual.