Lying, human nature and personal experience

Basically you a biased person is putting words into her brain.

do you know her at all?

its your opinion, not based on any known fact (which will come out Monday)

Allan

All we have here are opinions. Anything you think is a fact is really just an opinion of what the facts are.

Oh I knew the answer.

Upon what factual basis ought we even consider such a hypothetical?

No- there are actual facts.

That’s how we rise above the “all opinions are equally valid” trap today’s Trumpers want to catch everyone in.

1 Like

From my understanding she is a left wing activist and her dad was a lawyer.

What’s the chance of truth coming from that? :roll_eyes:

The magnificent creativity of the human mind.

Truth isnt Truth–Rudolph Giuliani

Allan

Obama want born in the United States.

Allan

f[quote=“JayJay, post:43, topic:12988, full:true”]
Oh I knew the answer.

Upon what factual basis ought we even consider such a hypothetical?
[/quote]

So in other words…no factual basis.

Just made-up ■■■■■

Bring some facts about Ms. Ford that would support us exploring your hypothesis.

Until then, it has as much validity as the hypothesis that the earth is supported by an infinite stack of giant tortoises and this is placed in the same discard pile.

But thanks for playing.

Yes. There are actual facts. But when presented here, there are only opinions of what the facts are. I recently had a discussion with someone here who said “trump never asked God for forgiveness”.

He thought that was a fact and presented a quote from Trump to back up his opinion of “facts”.

I presented evidence -a quote from Trump spoken only seconds after the other quote - that proved that Trump DOES ask God for forgiveness. So that poster had an opinion on facts that turned out to be wrong.

There are facts. But here all we have are opinions of what the facts are.

I heard the interview.
It was shorthand for “some opinions of truth are not truth”.

Any attempt to misconstrue what he says is based on either ignorance or dishonesty.

Look this is a bit semantical. The only reason I used the actor analogy is because their job is to pretend to be someone they are not. Also I used the word “can”. That’s also why my second statement was used as a qualifier - trained as an actor. Then I provided a number of links to back that up.

That’s a fair point, maybe the actor analogy is not the best. Nonetheless the fact is that people can be trained to beat a polygraph in a similar way an actor is trained to do their job.

Oh I’m absolutely certain if you wait long enough, Donald Trump will SAY just about anything.

Not the point.
The point is …

In this forum there are only opinions of what the facts are. And there are opinions of what evidence is sufficient proof of a supposed fact.

I tell white lies all the time. There are many reasons for doing so. In regards to sexual assault accusations, the reality today is that we need to tread lightly to ensure a woman who has been sexually assaulted isn’t afraid to come forward.

Unfortunately, there will always be some number of woman who would lie about being sexually assaulted for whatever reason. But those small number of exceptions shouldn’t set the standard.

Dude don’t start this. Simple communion and asking God for forgiveness of sins is not the same thing. Communion does not save you or give you forgiveness of sins. You have to have to acknowledge the sin and be remorseful of the sin. When you accept Yeshua as Lord and Savior over your life, the Holy Spirit comes and dwell within you. When that happens you feel the need to ask God and people for forgiveness, the need to do right.

We have seen that 45 has not only tried to hide his sinful behavior but he doesn’t even acknowledge it, especially the lies.
This continues to be his posture . Dude I can go and on about this. If you are calling him eating a cracker and drinking the wine his way in asking forgiveness, not only is that in error, but it’s not even biblical.

Anyway sorry folks, this is not the subject of this thread, so I digress. This is directed solely toward Ishmael who have no idea what he’s talking about…PER usual.

I’m sure you are an expert on what YOU believe. But you dont make the rules for everyone else, dude. How Trump asks for forgiveness is irrelevant. You made a statement that Trump does not ask for forgiveness. You provided a quote to back up your statement. I proved your statement was false and provided a quote to back up what I said.

He does not need to abide by your interpretation of the Christian bible to ask for forgiveness from God.

He asks for forgiveness. That was the issue you were mistaken about… not whether he asks for forgiveness in a way that YOU approve of.

You’re right. I don’t make the rules. Not my interpretation either. The Word is crystal clear. No mistake was made on my part. You are having a hard time accepting this because it goes against your guy. All you have to do is open the Word, read for yourself and let the Holy Spirit help you discern scripture. Real simple.

It’s precisely the point.

You happened to choose (correct that- not “happened” to choose, but likely DELIBERATELY chose) a situation where short of witnessing Trump on his knees asking God for forgiveness any evidence for or against was going to be circumstantial and mostly inconclusive…and pretended this was indicative of ALL thing about which we debate.

This is patently not true- there are all sorts of situations where we debate and the facts are plenty clear enough to support one argument over another.

I know for the Trump Narrative to survive, “truth” must be malleable and ultimately unknowable.

But it’s not how reality actually is in most cases.