Lyin' Don the Con has rethought the Putin presser- and he would like you to ignore your own ears

Looks that way. Pretty much the same thing though.

It very well could have risen to something far worse by now. It’s just so hard to say because we are not dealing with a normal person here.

I do see some hope that maybe Republicans are going to reign him in, at least to some extent. We will see what happens.

And I’m actually glad that no one at a high level has resigned. We desperately need some stable people like Mattis and a few others steering the ship.

1 Like

Good take. I just assume he’s smarter than everybody and historians will understand after decades of analysis why we added his face like a cool hat onto the top of Rushmore.

1 Like

I’m lucky in that respect…the boyfriend treats her with respect. And after a week with him…i realize if he’s the one. I’m good with it.

2 Likes

Our great grandkids will be majoring in Trump studies in 2046. It’ll be a small but growing field with no employment opportunities.

Oh ok. Well I wonder if the interview was done last night if Tucker will scrub it, or try to get another one at the last minute? Tucker is a Trumper, so I wouldn’t think he’d want an interview from last night.

Anyway, guess we will know in a few hours.

1 Like

I don’t know man. Pearl Harbor, as terrible as it was, changed the course of our nation for the better. It woke up a country trending isolationist and at the end of the war turned it into The Worlds Superpower.

This statement also changed the course of our nation. In the other direction.

That said, I suppose you’re right that the hyperbole doesn’t help, but it’s hard to stress how monumental this still is. I think this is a day that will be long remembered.

I genuinely hope this is the case. But I am less than optimistic. They have shown themselves to be such spineless cowards with respect to him up to this point, so why would it change now? You can see from Rubio’s response, that this is enough to now sweep it all under the rug and go back to bending the knee and kissing the ring.

I agree we need some of these people there trying to keep everything from imploding. Adult babysitters if you will. But having Huntsman or someone on the NSC resign over this, while not ending the adult daycare, would have sent a powerful message too, and perhaps prevented something like this, or worse, in the future. If there are no consequences, then what prevents him from continuing on this way?

Also, I thought you would like this… :slight_smile:

Congress needs to pull an Andrew Jackson on this clown and start censure proceedings.

3 Likes

It is a good feeling brother. As father’s, we look out for our baby girls. :slight_smile:

I agree with much of this. I hope you know that. I agree that this will be a day that will long be remembered, and will be part of the infamy of this administration’s history. And make no mistake, history will judge this era and those complicit very, very harshly. There are a great many people on the complete wrong side of history at the moment. Many of which seem oblivious to it as well.

1 Like

Thank you, Stephen Colbert.

1 Like

Thanks! I love David French. Guy Benson too. I’m including a tweet of his that I think accurately sums up why the hysterical statements by some are damaging.

And regarding the resignations… yes someone like Huntsman resigning would have sent a powerful message. That’s why I said I am glad there were no high level resignations, such as Mattis, and I don’t think there ever will be. Mattis is putting his country first.

We will have to see how much backbone congressional Rs actually have. If ever there was time for them to take action, it’s NOW.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. Seriously.

Which parts, exactly? Are they moving parts? How often do they move and when?

How do you really feel George? :laughing:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-sad-embarrassing-wreck-of-a-man/2018/07/17/d06de8ea-89e8-11e8-a345-a1bf7847b375_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.094775db121b

Jeane Kirkpatrick, a Democrat closely associated with such Democratic national security stalwarts as former senator Henry Jackson and former senator and former vice president Hubert Humphrey, was President Ronald Reagan’s ambassador to the United Nations. In her speech at the 1984 Republican National Convention in Dallas, she explained her disaffection from her party: “They always blame America first.” In Helsinki, the president who bandies the phrase “America First” put himself first, as always, and America last, behind President Vladimir Putin’s regime.

Because the Democrats had just held their convention in San Francisco, Kirkpatrick branded the “blame America first” cohort as “San Francisco Democrats.” Thirty-four years on, how numerous are the “Helsinki Republicans”?

Great question. How many “Helsinki Republicans” are there? :thinking:

The entire arm of Republican Progressives is owned by the Clinton camp. You can read about it on the internet if you know where to go.

1 Like

Are there any questions that should be asked of Kavanaugh in light of our President’s behavior regarding Russia? Or does it not matter?

Yep.

I like this quote. BTW, use incognito window to view the article.

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats and others might believe that they must stay in their positions lest there be no adult supervision of the Oval playpen. This is a serious worry, but so is this: Can those people do their jobs for someone who has neither respect nor loyalty for them?

1 Like