Lyin' Don the Con has rethought the Putin presser- and he would like you to ignore your own ears

Hey Nebraska, I know this is hard for you to grasp, but he’s not really contradicting himself there. He can simultaneously accept the Intelligence Communities consensus that Russia attacked our elections, while at the same time know that it could have been some other people who may or may not be Russians. So it’s possible we’ll never know who really did it. Trump has more information than the Intelligence Community, because he has their advice as well as the advice of some really knowledgeable people, like Putin.

1 Like

Gettin’ all deranged and incoherent . . . . to OWN THE LIBS!

Come on Doug. You are much better than this.

1 Like

So what is the point Trump is trying to make? Is he trying to say that Russian citizens were meddling, but not the government of the Russian state doing it?

Dan Coats says he is positive the Russian state government was involved in meddling in our 2016 election. What diplomatic or negotiation tactic is behind Trump refusing to flat out say that he agrees with this assessment?

We know it was Russians, or some other people, but we don’t know it was the Russian government. Or at least, that Putin had nothing to do with it. We can’t expect Putin to control every single thing his government does.

There was no colusion!

1 Like

24 hours to come up with a nonsensical double negative “missspeak”, which he immediate contradicts in the next breath.

This is pathetic…

I think it was. This clown could go to his deathbed and still wouldn’t criticize Putin, it’s un ■■■■■■■ believable.

There was much more than just libs who were appalled yesterday. Many, many Republicans and most conservative pundits. Even Newt called him out.

So he had to do some damage control. Doubtful that anyone outside of the cultists believe it, but it’s done.

TDS completely on display in this thread.

Yeah, it’s creepy how he seems to admire dictators. And that phrase contradicted the rest of the statement. That’s why I think he added it himself.

Well we do know he’s a tyrant who has his opponents murdered. That’s really beyond dispute. And it’s hard to believe Putin had no knowledge of what was going on.

I think it’s telling the way he added that phrase.

We know he was forced to make a statement. But he decided to ad-lib at the end a big “Just kidding”.

2 Likes

Trump is known for his nuanced, deliberate, and elegant use of the rhetorical device of litotes.

1 Like

Hey brother, welcome back! Great minds my friend. We need more common sense rationality around here, to counteract the insanity being shown in regards to this man.

1 Like

I Learned a new word today. Hannity forum, much better then English classes

Trump wants us to just get over all of that. Remember, we’re not so innocent either. Why can’t we just normalize relations, which will be good for everyone financially? They won’t attack us so much if we don’t antagonize them.

I’m wondering if he did not have someone, or multiple someone’s, threaten to resign if he did not walk back his statement. He looked less than pleased that he was forced to read that script. And then when he went off script, completely blowing up the whole walk-back, was typical Trump. The man just does not have the discipline at all to be President.

I truly believe now that he is a traitor to our nation. I’m just appalled by this more than words can describe.

That is the funniest thing I’ve seen all day.

Maybe our intel agencies do not have irrefutable proof that Putin was involved, and so he does not want to take that step.

After all, president Obama always claimed he did not know what what the people working for him were doing, until he saw it on the evening news.