Lt Col Ralph Peters

Interesting take on Trump and Fox news from someone who used to work for them.

I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.

In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration. When prime-time hosts–who have never served our country in any capacity–dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller–all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of “deep-state” machinations-- I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.

As a Russia analyst for many years, it also has appalled me that hosts who made their reputations as super-patriots and who, justifiably, savaged President Obama for his duplicitous folly with Putin, now advance Putin’s agenda by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign

This person was no fan of Obama once say that Putin had raped him.

Today he gave a pretty telling interview about his views on the president. Stating he is unamerican.

I know this guy will be ignored. Called the deep state. As a Russian expert why wasn’t he on the air to give his views on Russian influence on the election?

Just another Deep State, traitor to America.

I can’t say I disagree with his sentiments here.

Fox isn’t immoral, it’s amoral,” he noted. “It was opportunistic. Trump was just a gift to Fox and Fox, in turn, is a gift to Trump. It’s a closed loop. And so people that only listen to Fox have an utterly skewed view of reality

Article last updated March of this year. At east one thread on it at that time. Sorry he disagreed politically, but that happens.

Oh you missed him today.

Ralph Peters said Trump “does not respect our system of government” and cherry-picks parts of the Constitution “from which he can choose the most electable items.” The retired U.S. Army Lt. Colonel repeatedly criticized Trump as “distinctly un-American” and beholden to Russian President Vladimir Putin. Earlier this year, Peters left Fox News for “assaulting the Constitution.”

Isnt this the guy that freaked out about Obama and said some crazy ■■■■

Yep he has been consistent about how soft America has been with Putin.

I suppose that’s revelatory to anyone who hasn’t been paying attention for the last two years.

I think for him he thought he was legitimately complaining about Obama’s foreign policy.

Peters is a Never Trumper. Nothing else needs to be said.

Oh so a conservative with beliefs.

1 Like

Yup. He’s a True American.

“As a a former Russia analyst,” Lt. Col. Ralph Peters said on CNN Sunday, “I am convinced that the president of the United States is in thrall to Vladimir Putin.”

This one is sure to fire up the base, but its dead on:

"What we see now the people supporting Trump are radicals. These couch potato anarchists. They are people who don’t have a program to make America great again, and by the way America is great right now, rather, they’re destructive. They want to tear things down. They want vengeance. And Trump is brilliant at that. He’s done what autocrats and charlatans and false messiahs throughout history have done. He’s told core supporters, you’re not to blame for the mistakes you made. You’re not to blame for your failures. It’s them, it’s the minorities, it’s the immigrants, it’s fake news, it’s the deep state.”

Now libs respect the guy’s opinion .

LOL.

Is Lt. Col. Ralph Peters a lib to you?

Why post a non sequitur question?

You gonna answer?

Hey tough guy. Your question does not follow from my statement. I suspect you are confused.

I do not care about your statement, my question is clear now are you gonna stop dodging or answer the question?