Louie gohmert has a climate change solution

in a hearing yesterday about climate change he asked
“I was informed by the media past director of NASA that they have found that the moon’s orbit is changing slightly, and so is the Earth’s orbit around the Sun. We know there’s been a significant solar flare activity,”

“So is there anything that the National Forest Service or BLM can do to change the course of the moon’s orbit or the Earth’s orbit around the sun?”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/republican-asks-if-e2-80-98blm-or-the-forest-service-e2-80-99-can-change-the-orbit-of-the-moon-to-fight-climate-change/ar-AAKRYHI

you cant make this up…

1 Like

:rofl: you don’t recognize country clever?

4 Likes

I’m sure Hank Johnson could answer his question.

2 Likes

Bad thing is, I get this response.

WW

4 Likes

Maybe the Jews could loan the space lasers to Space Force?

He’s dead serious. Watch the video.

Sure, sure.

He’s saying that climate change is natural and nothing we can do about it.

His mention of recent solar flares however is akin to talking about today’s weather, which likely has little to do with overall climat.

2 Likes

Maybe if we get everyone in Guam to jump at the same time, we can adjust the orbit.

7 Likes

He’s onto something here. If blm stops burning so much stuff, then maybe…

5 Likes

All they need to do is see a snake at the same time.

2 Likes

Dead pan serious.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You’re funny!

1 Like

Mhm and Guam will surely tip over

Considering all the snakes that might be for the best.

Edit: never mind Ilha da Queimada Grande, off the coast of Brazil, if it could capsize.

1 Like

For those who forgot.

2 Likes

And this is every bit as stupid as that was.

I dunno…I think capsized Guam is still probably the winner

1 Like

Are people so stupid that they don’t know he was really saying that BLM could not change orbits and could not change the way they affect the weather?
Apparently not, because the person who wrote the article noted that the person from BLM said that he would have to get back with Gohmert to answer that question.
Why wasn’t the person who wrote the article amazed that a person who represented BLM to Congress could not answer that they did not have the power to change orbits?
Perhaps because the author realized that both were being “cute” but only wanted to deadpan Gohmert.

1 Like

He could answered the question in public and on the record right then and there.

But calling a Congressmen an idiot at a Committee Meeting probably wasn’t a good idea. So he punted so he and everyone else could have a good laugh off camera.

WW