Losing it...Trump calls for Romney impeachment

What’s happened to Romney ? Seemed like such a sleazebag double talker back in 2008. Has he actually become a decent person over the last decade ?

My prediction: There will be more Whistleblowers who are going to come forward. And at some point Republicans on the hill are going to feel the pressure. Defections will start to happen. And Trump is going to be pretty bussy on twitter.

Nooo not me

Of Senator Mitt Romney…only the thing is…you can’t impeach a Senator. The Senate can vote to censure or remove… But there is no impeachment for a Senator.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180559858699030529?s=19

Why doesn’t his staff keep him aprised of things like this? It does not help his case at all.

Or expects anything, even the bare minimum, from him.

1 Like

There sure have been some real twists and turns in season 3!

Senator William Blount was impeached in 1797.
The Senate chose to expel him rather than conduct an impeachment trial.

What libs don’t understand is that we voted for Trump BECAUSE he doesn’t know how government works. I’ll take a SUCCESSFUL businessman, like Trump, any day of the week before I take a career criminal politician to run our government. Donald Trump hires the best people to tell him what he can or can’t do, and then he chooses whether to listen to their advice or not. Sometimes something that is technically illegal isn’t illegal if you do it a different way. Donald Trump thinks outside the box. That’s why you’ll never beat him.

2 Likes

Yeah, they did more than decide to expel him… They determined that members of congress are not civil officer making impeachment impossible.

The House impeaches.
A Senate determination has nothing to do with what the House can or cannot do.

Mitt isnt gonna be impeached

He was impeached illegally due to the fact that the constitution already allows for either of the bodies of Congress to expell a member. He had already been expelled by the senate. Therefore, the unconstitutional impeachment was nullified. There is no legal/constitutional recourse to impeach a senator. Impeachment does not have a pathway for Congress. That’s the constitution. Congress is the tool for impeachment.

2 Likes

He cannot be.

That is not true. The House cannot impeach a Senate member. A civil officer is the executive branch, and those appointed by the executive…judges more specifically.

I know…

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL30016.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiki-OK14flAhVRiqwKHfOJCqgQFjAQegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0JZZYRPURLxOeBIUMqzKrK&cshid=1570372007186

Read page 1 and 2.

This is a pdf you have to download.

There is not one coherent sentence in your entire post.

The House has already done so.

I do not think you’d know a coherent sentence if it jumped up and bit you in the butt. What didn’t you understand?

1 Like

Senators can and have been impeached. It’s much easier to simply expel them.

Donald’s still a complete idiot.