Losing it...Trump calls for Romney impeachment

Here…let me fix my errant thought ending period for you.

A fix with no fix? I think it’s time I moved on from this.

Is that better. The constitution already allowed for the removal thru expelling a member. Not impeachment.

He was expelled long before he was impeached.

That would be my preference since you are simply trying to deflect from the fact the president is wrong for calling for impeachment of a senator.

Bye!

1 Like

That was the fix…removing the period after the constitution

Lol, you think he asks for advice from his staff? Stable genius and all?

I think sometimes they intervene when they get the chance, but I don’t anyone comes between Trump and his tweeting device.

Good choice seeing how dead wrong you are

Yeah…i guess I just wish that they’d keep him off things like this.

Lol, not me, I love getting these type of insights into Trump’s wonderful brain.

Well, it’s not in trump-speak.

I’m not the impeachee!

You’re the impeachee!

1 Like

Well, you arguably can impeach a member of Congress.

But it’s never happened, because both Houses have rules that allow for the expulsion of members, and it is a much easier standard to reach than impeachment as described in the Constitution.

The legal question is whether members of Congress are “civil Officers of the United States”. The Court has never ruled on this, but I would argue that they are.

This is not a settled issue.

Is the hashtag what it is your talking about? Personally…I’d say he used that word because it’s the word of the moment. It’s the hottest word in Libville and on almost every news channel and news source running. He’s attempting to transfer some of this energy to his POV IMHO.

If King Donald wants Romney impeached, then Congress should impeached him.

1 Like

Explain away…

That’s because I am not low IQ enough to actually speak in Trump Speak.

No…there is no mechanism for it. Each body polices and judges its own members.

Well, of course there is a mechanism for it.

The House could draft and pass articles of impeachment against a Senator, or even of a member of the House.

The Senate could hold a trial, and vote on it.

I understand that it is unnecessary, and will never happen - but there’s really no legal precedent here.

Impeachment in the constitution is only for federal officers. Congressmen are not officers.