Lori Lightfoot: "Security for Me But Not For Thee"

Citing threats, Mayor Lori Lightfoot defends ban on protesters on her block: ‘I have a right to make sure that my home is secure’

By GREGORY PRATT, JEREMY GORNER and MEGAN CREPEAU

12:46 PM

This woman is not only incompetent, she’s dangerous.

■■■■ the citizens of Chicago, right Lori?

"Homicides and shootings have surged in Chicago during the first seven months of the year.

From Jan. 1 through the end of July, there were 440 homicides in Chicago and 2,240 people shot, including many of those who were killed, according to statistics released Saturday by the police department.

There were 290 homicides and 1,480 shootings, including people who were killed, in the first seven months of last year."

Having CPD protecting your ass is not wise use of police resources, is it Lori?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Slop from Various Threads +fd

She should just ignore the credible threats to her life, that’s the ticket.

What protesters are making credible threats to her life?

Are you saying that “Peaceful BLM and Antifa Protesters” are violent?

6 Likes

You should at least read the OP before commenting. Show me where the linked articles or I mention the police budget.

“I have a right to make sure my home is secure.”

Interesting statement. Do the rest of the citizens of Chicago have the same right?

14 Likes

So your random comment about the budget was just bull ■■■■■

Thanks for playing.

My Comment is trying to understand what the point of this thread was.

the police budget hasn’t been cut so there is no de-funding
the police are still paroling the rest of the city so there is no lack of security for anyone else.

so the Mayor of one of the largest cities in America shouldn’t protect herself from death threats.

Some are more equal than others.

5 Likes

What’s so special about her neighborhood that they aren’t allowed to protest there?

NIMBY?

The rest of the peons, fair game.

5 Likes

LOL. You have never seen me defend antifa for a moment, not once. It’s ■■■■■■■ Chicago and she gets death threats daily. Put the gotcha politics aside for a nanosecond and think about that.

They should.

Elitism 101
Lightfoot is an abject failure as an elected public official entrusted to manage a municipality like Chicago and protect the citizens.

2 Likes

Agreed, but do they?

A lot of people in Chicago get death threats nightly. A lot of them are living on the wrong end of a live fire range.

1 Like

How does having Chicago PD rousting protesters in her neighborhood prevent her from getting death threats?

4 Likes

How many threats to how many lives have already been made on others…and she’s ignored that? Why is she…different? Here BLM is threatening the lives of all officers…so why not shut the whole thing down?

1 Like

Doxing as well.

According to a tape obtained by WTTW News of an online conference call among Chicago’s 50 aldermen and Mayor Lori Lightfoot, one alderman could be heard weeping while others angrily decried the chaotic situation.

“My ward is a ■■■■ show,” one alderman reportedly said. “They are shooting at the police.”

1 Like

If she’s this scared of a little protest, she should have controlled her pigs in June. 1st amendment accountability shouldn’t be so scary for elected officials.

Perhaps she has a guilty conscience.

If I feel afraid, can I request my neighborhood receive round-the-clock protection and Prohibit people from even getting close?