Looking to understand Qualified Immunity in cases like Floyd's and this?

No they aren’t. They’ve convinced everybody they are.

:rofl:

I’m pretty sure that this is a topic that I can speak from more authority than you can.

And I didn’t go to an Ivy.

Why does it need to be replaced.

There needs to be a review board that includes some who aren’t/weren’t judges.

Then no you can’t.

So you believe their should be no licensing body for lawyers?

“Review” of what?

It’s not just law, the Ivy League has convinced everybody that they’re better at everything and they aren’t.

Yes. A test and that’s it.

Decisions.

:rofl:

Of course I can. Certainly better than you can.

My brother went to an Ivy for law school. He took the same classes I did.

No you can’t. You only know about where you went. You just proved my point.

There’s nothing special about a Harvard lawyer aside from his club connections.

We need to get away from litmus tests in confirmation hearings too. The Senate embarrassed the country in the last two.

There is nothing special about a Harvard Lawyer, aside from the fact a fancy name might have taught him Contracts, and he got into a school that 99.9% of applicant can’t get into.

He knows nothing about law over somebody who went to a different school.

I’m glad we could agree.

Property. Business property as the newest iteration of Enclosure.

That is the underlying problem.

I don’t think many people who’ve gone to law school would disagree. You’re not making a controversial statement.

Is qualified immunity really the issue here? How much does these cops even have, to be sued for? Would they have done anything differently if they thought they might be liable?
Yes, if you go to youtube and watch the body cam, that is a disgusting sight. The only thing that saved Dallas from burning was likely the race of the victim.
But what the heck do you do to fix this? Hire better cops? The recent enthusiasm for coming down on the cops is likely to make that harder, not easier to do.
Defund? What would defunding have done here?
I see a lot of complaining with virtually no answers.
IMO, being able to sue those cops would accomplish nothing.

The cops don’t pay out of their own pockets for these settlements. The government pays.

1 Like

Makes me wonder what terms the Floyd family had to agree to in order to get the $27M.
Will they be able to do a civil case against Chauvin?

And my other question is how large is the D.C. lobby for the police unions? Sometimes I see how powerful they are in some states and cities.

Not trying to.