LONDON FALLING: US Embassy Warns Americans of ‘VIOLENT’ PROTESTS During Trump Visit

Originally published at: LONDON FALLING: US Embassy Warns Americans of ‘VIOLENT’ PROTESTS During Trump Visit | Sean Hannity

The Embassy of the United States in London warned Americans living and visiting the United Kingdom to “keep a low profile” Tuesday, saying “violent protests” may erupt during President Trump’s visit to the UK.

According to the Mirror, the US Embassy urged its citizens to remain vigilant during Trump’s two-day visit beginning July 12th, instructing Americans to “be aware of your surroundings” and watch local news for updates as the Commander-in-Chief tours the country.

The warning comes hours after British Prime Minister Theresa May faced a growing backlash over her government’s failure to secure a deal on the UK’s upcoming divorce from the European Union.

May’s future was thrown into question after two high-level cabinet members -including Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson- resigned amid the growing chaos surrounding Brexit negotiations.

The President commented on the escalating crisis Monday, saying it’s “up to the people” to decide if May should remain as Prime Minister.

“I get along with her very well, I have very good relations. That’s certainly up to the people, not up to me,” said Trump.

It’s kind of hazy, but it’s coming back to me. I remember a day when the UK was an ally of ours and we didn’t need to warn US citizens to be extra careful of the danger from Brits when the President visits. Seems so very long ago. I’m probably mistaken.

It’s really weird referring to Trump as the “Commander-in-Chief” as he goes to visit what used to be an economic ally. Sounds really authoritarian.