Lol - Welcome to the land of the free!

Yahoo didn’t write the story. It was a USA Today article they simply linked to in their news section, just like Drudge Report.

First of all, we have no idea what kind of threats he made.

Second, he’s eleven years old, so it’s probably the pretty typical threats an eleven year old makes.

not as bad as texas where you can be expelled from school just for not reciting the pledge…

1 Like

I understand that. He was resisting an illegal order from an agent of the government. How far can he go? How many times must he be told to and refuse to utter the pledge before “conservatives” will instinctively defend him?

Imagine he were Cliven Bundy and this was about failed payment on grazing.

This case should be dropped…

Your own story says he wasn’t arrested for refusing to stand for the Pledge.

Your own story stated it all started not just by him refusing to stand for the Pledge, but declaring to the teacher that the Pledge was racist and offensive to black people.

Now the teacher didn’t do the greatest job in de-escalating the situation, at least based on the superficial evidence from the story.

But let’s not get nuts here. This is more than just refusing to stand for the Pledge.

Reading comprehension is becoming such a lost art. I clearly said it started with him refusing to stand for the pledge.

Any dialogue with the teacher would have resulted after that. And to be clear, are you saying that it is okay to arrest him just for saying that he somehow believed the flag was racists and the National Anthem was offensive to black people?

And is this the first time in that class they were every asked to stand for the pledge? Why hadn’t this horrible and offensive kid ever gone off like this before this substitute teacher arrived on the scene?

What do you think it was about this particular day that was different than any other. Any possibility it might be the substitute teacher with the problem and not this kid? Any possibility she might be embelishing along with the school some to cover for their ridiculous handling of the situation and not just respecting the students rights?

No, of course not. Wonder what your tune would be if this was your kid being abused for something that all started with him simply exercising his lawful right not to do something.

No he was arrested for causing a disturbance.

And I read just fine, thank you very much.

Nowhere does it say when the boy made his comment about the Pledge at the same time he refused to stand.

Try that last sentence again please, it doesn’t make any sense the way you wrote it.

And you clearly didn’t understand my post, because your whole rant about it being more than not standing for the pledge would be unnecessary if you did.

Are you trying to deny that it all STARTED with him simply refusing to stand for the pledge?

Yes or No will do.

My last sentence makes pefect sense.

You read it again.

lol - No it doesn’t. You had to have messed up a word or two there and just can’t see it.

This happens a lot, or at least the first part of a school official taking issue with a student’s rights.

I’d wager at least once a month we get a story that starts with “student didn’t stand for pledge…”

Kids don’t have to stand for the pledge.

Funny! I hadn’t seen that thread. You can always count on good ole Fox and Friends for garbage like that.

texas law requires that kids recite the pledge… not sure they are required to stand for it though…

India, now 18, was sent home last year after sitting during the pledge. Her mother, Kizzy Landry, said when she came to pick up India, the school provided little details as to why her daughter was kicked out. Later, the principal told the mother"She can’t come to my school if she won’t stand for the pledge."

According to Texas law, students must recite the pledge unless they have a parent or guardian’s permission to opt out.

Seems like the whole thing could have been avoided had the teacher just let the boy be

2 Likes

Upon reading the linked article, I couldn’t understand an adult’s SERIOUSLY questioning an 11 year old about why he stayed in the U S. Seriously?!

LMAO. Pack your bags and head for Venezuela, you ungrateful prepubescent !

1 Like

Exactly! And yet this is who many on here are deciding to side with. Kind of makes you scratch your head.

1 Like

Refusing to leave when ordered was arrestable. Causing a public disturbance was “arrestable”.

He got what he deserved.

He’s eleven.

He deserves detention or Saturday school.