Liz Cheney likely to enter GOP leadership

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/08/liz-cheney-track-enter-house-gop-leadership-after-mcmorris-rodgers-drops-out/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5a5835acb0c0

“Cheney is the only candidate who has declared a desire for the post. If she is chosen in next week’s Republican leadership elections, it would mark a swift ascent for Cheney, 52, who was first elected to the House in 2016 but has long shown a desire to climb the GOP ranks — for instance, launching a 2014 primary challenge against Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) before withdrawing, citing family health issues.”

Congrats to Cheney, i’m sure she will be warmly welcomed by the Trump GOP.

:grin:.

Yucky Nepotism…

Another lying Cheney

I don’t know much about her. Is she a liar? Or is this a sins of the father thing?

sins of the father thing. So heinous never to be trusted

Fair enough. I’m no Dick Cheney fan by any stretch of the imagination. But I’m always cautious of passing on my dislikes of the parents to the children without just cause.

Although I don’t remember specifics, I do remember her solidly defending her fathers actions as VP and the Bush agenda as a whole until it was obvious it indefensible

Well that is definitely a mark against her. Another being that she is willfully part of the GOP, wanting a position in leadership, while Trump is the head of the party. That knocks her down several pegs in my book also.

Cheney is the only candidate who has declared a desire for the post…

Anyone with any sense of course realizing what a ■■■■■■■■■ it’s going to be.

Straight to the top she goes!

Her father was a political titan, and I’m sure she will be too.

Go Liz!

Her father architect of the debacle in Iraq.

Debacle? You mean getting rid of one of the baddest oppressors in the world while spreading liberty and justice for all?

Just think about how bad things would be if that effeminate President Obama had been the one to invade Iraq. Things would be 10x worse.

He knew better and would not have invaded. Which was the right call.

This is why Trump was elected.

I see you don’t know what you’re talking about.

No it wasn’t.

I’m just citing the beliefs of some of our forum posters. I’ve been told that it was absolutely necessary to go to war in Iraq, but also that it was Obama’s fault things went south because he invented ISIS.

If Bush didn’t invade Iraq, then Obama would have, but if Obama didn’t, then Trump would have.

Either way, Iraq would have been invaded. Thank goodness it was Bush who did it. Maybe Trump could have done it better, but it would have been too late at that point.