Lindsey Graham struggling in South Carolina

Why do you think he’s underperforming, and what could he have done better the past couple of years? Less knee bending? More? More (vinegar slathered) pork?

His opponent is a good fundraiser and organizer, which makes things tougher.

With Harrison’s help, the DNC is implementing an “Every Zipcode Counts” initiative. Every month, the DNC will hand out $10,000 to each state Democratic party, up from $7,500 previously. As a condition of receiving that allowance, each party will submit to a “SWAT analysis” of its internal operations, and the DNC’s goal is to complete all by the year’s end.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article183060951.html#storylink=cpy

(The SWAT instead of SWOT bothers me to no end…)

1 Like

Apparently it’s a thing.

Strengths – Weaknesses – Advantages – Threats

Dammit, I’ve gotten old. I’ve never heard “advantages”, and frankly don’t understand the difference between a strength and an advantage.

The SWOT should be done with environment in mind. If I’m trying to, say, pick up women, and I’m a Pittsburgh 9 but a Miami 5 - I’d list “attractive” as a strength in Pgh but not in Miami because my looks would be an advantage over other dudes here, and not there.

I agree, I was taught SWOT as well. Advantages is good for politics though.

Even people who hate Graham will vote for him to keep the Senate right. No worries.

And, of course, the implication that if Graham has to fight for what you accurately identify as a “safe” seat, those Republican candidates in what would normally be “likely” or “leans” states are at real risk.