Lifelong Politician

First I don’t agree with how the OP framed his point, but I have no problem asserting that being a Senator or Congressman is hard work. I made the point that many often do this job into their 80’s and 90’s and that they would not do so if they were working a trade.

Term limits advocates are basically saying democracy is a failure and if people they support cannot come up with better ideas that appeal to more people than you need to limit their choices…

That’s why they are physically able to do so into their 80’s and 90’s. Let me see them do construction work at that age.

More doublespeak.

Determining who is eligible is the same as determining who I can vote for.

1 Like

Yes it is very difficult to be wined and dined by lobbyists from wealthy corporations. I can’t imagine how they handle it🤪

Term limits do not cut down on doing favors for lobbyists. If I need a job in a few years I will take care of those who can repay me.

Those two aside I agree with the op if he is wanting term limits. I think there is probably more room for curruption the longer your in.

1 Like

Then Joe is a nit wit. Not everyone who arrives in congress is rich. But by the time they leave they are filthy stinkin rich. Rich, inept and corrupt. And y’all want to give more power to the feds.

Well, that’s just plain silly, it’s not manual labor. But you are talking about a job that eats up most of your life and time.

So wait, he’s a nitwit for not getting rich off his political career?

He’s a nitwit because he didn’t engage in corruption?

1 Like

Just because some people do it into their 80s and rare case 90s doesnt mean it’s not hard work

Many are. Joe Biden spent more than 40 years in Washington and didn’t have a fraction of the scandals that Scott Pruitt managed to pull off in barely a year. Maybe give some credit to the ones who try to use their time in office to better the lives of ordinary Americans instead of just assuming everybody is equally corrupt.

Most Americans can’t wait to retire from their jobs as soon as they possibly can. Such is not the case with our elected representatives. Why do you think that is?

Lots of people delay retirement. I work in a warehouse with men past 65 .

Others can’t wait until they are 55 to retire early.

Depends on how much you enjoy what you do and your finances.

1 Like

Just so you understand it. you know that 4 of the 5 longest serving senators are republicans?

You do know that 5 of the 6 longest serving senators are republican?

Just saying.

1 Like