LIED THEN SPIED: Comey Admits He Was ‘Wrong’ About FISA Process, Surveillance of Trump Campaign

Originally published at: LIED THEN SPIED: Comey Admits He Was ‘Wrong’ About FISA Process, Surveillance of Trump Campaign | Sean Hannity

Former FBI Director James Comey weighed-in Sunday on his agency’s handling of FISA warrants during the 2016 election; admitting he was “wrong” for the first time.

Exclusively on FOX News Sunday: Chris Wallace asks Former FBI Director James Comey if the IG Report vindicates him. Director Comey responds to previous statements he made in 2018 about the Carter Page FISA warrant being handled appropriately: "There was real sloppiness." pic.twitter.com/vPmCV11hRe

— FoxNewsSunday (@FoxNewsSunday) December 15, 2019

“He’s right, I was wrong,” Comey told Chris Wallace while commenting on Inspector General Michael Horowitz’ report on his surveillance scandal. “He’s right: There was real sloppiness.”

So now Comey’s admitting he was wrong. Wow, but he’s only doing so because he got caught red handed. He was actually caught a long time ago. So what are the consequences for his unlawful conduct. Could it be years in jail? Where are the apologies to me and others, Jim?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 15, 2019

“So now Comey’s admitting he was wrong. Wow, but he’s only doing so because he got caught red handed. He was actually caught a long time ago. So what are the consequences for his unlawful conduct. Could it be years in jail? Where are the apologies to me and others, Jim?” asked President Trump on social media following the interview.

Read the full report here.

Source: Politico

I look forward to his open trial.