Libs are you FINALLY ready to throw in the towel on Russia?

That’s not why it’s being withheld.

I think that this is where you and I can reach agreement.

They don’t get thrown in jail… the “ruling class” or the bad bankers or corporate criminals because there isn’t the public will to do so and it is hard.

Instead we reward those people for their bad behavior.

Steal an ipod… go to jail and lose your rights for life. Steal billions… get a bailout and a tax cut.

That is a real problem in this country.

Yep. Pay too little on your personal income taxes, there’s hell to pay. Pay nothing as the richest man in world does? No problem.

Agreed.

Why is it being withheld?

Agreed.

There should be a tax on really high wealth concentration.

Or a flat tax. They have been tinkering with the tax code for over 100 years and they still can’t get it right. Time to give it up. Make it a national sales tax and everybody pays. Even Drug dealers, illegals and Jeff Bezos.

A flat tax is regressive.

If one wants to really address the problems that come with massive wealth concentration… that isn’t the way to do it.

It would be illegal to release it. One reason is that it contains information sensitive to people who were not indicted. The law protects people who have not been indicted. Nadler has no right to this info. He needs to study up.

And I do understand that CNN would not publicize this.

I thought you were talking about the FISA warrant. My bad.

No. Because it will be constantly tinkered with as it always has. They will never be happy with it. It still will remain a political issue. It needs to be less complicated. If someone earns one million they pay 100,000. If someone earns 100,000 they pay 10,000, 50,000 pays 5,000. Or something similar.

100,000 to a millionaire is a lot less money to them than 5,000 is to someone making 50,000.

That is why a flat tax is regressive.

It is making an argument that really really wealthy people should pay less than they already do and poorer people should pay more.

I understand that philosophically it is appealing to advocate for a flat tax… but in the real world it would be a disaster.

Nobody will ever be happy with any tax system.

What is the justification to withhold it?

Right. But the millionaire paid for the roads and infrastructure that the middle class guy uses. The millionaire pays much more, but gets nothing extra in return. The millionaire also provides the guy making 50k with a job. But if you still think that the guy paying 50k is still paying too much, then we could make it 5 percent for anyone 50k or under. Okay? I have seen studies that show that this type of system would be much more effective at funding the government because there would be no loopholes and everybody pays.

Adam Schiff has the highest security clearance one can get… try again…

It would be illegal to release it. One reason is that it contains information sensitive to people who were not indicted. The law protects people who have not been indicted. Nadler has no right to this info. He needs to study up.

I don’t have to try again. The question was asked as to why it would be illegal to release the full report. I answered. The reason I gave is the actual reason. The law protects people. Even from people with a security clearance such as Schifty.

The only category of redacted material Barr stands a chance of not disclosing is the grand jury testimony. That’s about 38% of the redacted material. Of course, congress is free to subpoena everyone who testified before a grand jury and ask them in an open session. :slight_smile:

I think that the dems should focus all of their energy over the next several months on obtaining redacted info. That would be my hope. :smirk:

1 Like