Liberal College Professor recommends Biden "Declare War" on Republicans

So, you agree that the free press is the enemy of the people?

If not, what do you suggest, to keep the people informed??

Nope.

I am always open to other opinions, and/or studies with empirical evidence.

I came here 17 years ago to have my beliefs challenged, and to try to understand the conservative mindset.

I do consider myself pretty well informed, but there is a lot I do not know.

The free press is in exhile or on sub stack and patreon, not in government captured corporate media.

2 Likes

Government captured mediaā€¦interesting take.

There are good news sourcesā€¦but one needs to check, and double check a variety of courses to get close to the truth.

Oh you donā€™t believe? Have a look.

Video details Katie Courics admission she was censored by the WH pressure on bosses.

2 Likes

Censored may be a bit too strong of word to use, but I concur the corporate media has to play ball with pols to get the interviews. And that does compromise the intent and purpose of a free press. Not sure how to correct that.

One does not need to interview a pol or POTUS to report effectively. Good investigative journalism still existsā€¦just not on the cable news/corporate media news sources.

Of course they are. That isnā€™t even debatable.

Corporate media, not ā€œfree pressā€.

I understand that is what hyper individualists, with very little regard to their fellow humans believe.

How does not wearing a bike helmet affect anyone else??

1 Like

That law (depending on the state) only affects kids under 18.

We do what we can to protect kids as a society. Are you arguing against that?

Or a seatbelt?

How many millions of kids grew up riding bikes without helmets?? Just because a helmet could save a few of them you should have a right to make all kids wear them?? Even if you believe you do, itā€™s still authoritarian

2 Likes

I donā€™t care what side of the aisle you are on. Most politicians (and most who support them)are authoritarian in someway.

2 Likes

Of course they are, theyā€™re ā€œlawmakersā€ and all laws are authoritarian.

I agree. Obviously many people do not or they wouldnā€™t get all upset about being called an authoritarian.

1 Like

If you want to call keeping kids safe, authoritarian go for it.
I see it as common senseā€¦like requiring fences around swimming pools.

Accidents have gone way down due to those laws. That is a good thing.

There is a tipping point in there somewhere. A point in which one crosses the line.

If it is ā€œcommon senseā€, why does it have to be dictated with the threat of force?