Let's Talk Trump Psychology

Yep. I have been charged with just blindly defending him many times over the past year. Every new “must have been collusion” thread that was based on rumor or “anonymous oifficials and former officials familiar with…” and I would ask for proof. But Mueller knows all.
You know what, after two years, Mueller agreed with me.

It’s not really fair to expect a reasonable discussion with dims at this point. The media gave them a topic, told them to hate him for it, and now the zombies are set in their state of mind because they never once questioned why they were hating.

There is also this idea of revenge that is really weird.

It is almost like there is transposition of emotions onto people who were supportive of the Mueller investigation seen as a form of revenge for Clinton losing… so it justifies revenge for every perceived slight… whether real or imagined… over the past decade.

Strange to throw their lot with someone who is super financially dirty and has a small scandal a day and a scandal that would have ended other administrations on a weekly basis.

It just shows me that this idea of revenge is more powerful than their concern for the well being of the Republic.

1 Like

Trump’s psychology is easy: he has narcissistic personality disorder. Its blatantly obvious I think even his supporters would have to admit this as it fits Trump 100% without even a slight exception to any of it.

Here is a description from the Mayo clinic:

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that’s vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

“Hate” is shorthand. I don’t want him to die or get his arms caught in a wheat thresher or anything.

I don’t blame you a bit for that. The GOP hasn’t done anything for conservatives. I never belonged to the GOP, so maybe it’s easier for me.

And for the record, I don’t think there’s any way the DNC would have elected Trump. Seems like it’s a case of seeing their dirty laundry out on somebody else’s line.

I find the psychology of people who are looking for a “real man” finding their leader in a guy who was given everything, never turned a wrench in his life, and wears orange makeup everyday to be far more interesting…

As you said, he is disgusting, and you want to analyze why people are disgusted. Yeah, brilliant topic there.

He’s loud, obnoxious, entitled, has sex with other men’s wives, cheats people out of money, lies, uses Christians for votes and has never done an honest day’s work.

It’s a good thing he didn’t grow up in West Texas. He’d probably had his ass beaten 50 times by now.

Especially your own people. Agreed.

All the while blaming the other side for the choice that they made.

It is quite strange.

Yup.

Does anybody remember me starting a thread asking for a “one and only russia hoax thread”?? Think of all the hassle that could have prevented. We were right all along, and the collusion gimps still haven’t figured it out.

They really are worse than birthers.

2 Likes

Yes he did.

“No new taxes”

Bush didn’t turn Kerry, it was done for him.

Newt Gingrich? The left neutered him.

For me it’s simple. Trump is a terrible person. He’s an ■■■■■■■■ But beyond that he embodies pretty much everything that so-called conservatives were supposed to be against. Yet here they are falling on their swords for him.

I still believe I have some very conservative beliefs. And would have considered a more pragmatic Republican if one were nominated. But voting for Trump was never gonna happen. In the end I don’t regret voting for Clinton. Trump has shown me that I was right about his behavior compared to my beliefs.

Everyone in his camp wants to label us as Trump-haters or as having TDS. I guess it’s easier to do that when you have no other argument. I just find it funny that, in an environment where people called President Obama a gay Kenyan Muslim Manchurian candidate who is married to a transgender man formerly named Michael, they want to try to belittle those who will mock Trump because he’s an inarticulate moron who can’t even give a speech without sounding like a retarded sloth. Funny how some people change when the party in power changes.

4 Likes

The man you just described fits almost every politician in DC left and right.

2 Likes

That is preposterous. The system is self-cleaning. The bureaucrats run DC.

You really think the world takes us seriously because of the SECDEF?

This is what it looks like when a partisan excuses bad behavior. People like Trump count on that support.

There were posts from almost every regular liberal here (yourself included) celebrating trump knocking out his primary opponents and going up against hillary. And your beloved media gave him a walk to the nomination.

Why are you sad about it now??

1 Like

You know what I’m talking about. Hell, I don’t even like Kavanaugh, he’s a pasty-faced, smarmy silver spoon.

You made him sympathetic.

So was the revenge worth it?

Same reasons conservatives tolerate/outright love him, apparently.

Good words.