Let's talk Biden in context

There’s no “you guys” about it.

I won’t be voting for Biden even if he is coherent.

What I’m trying to find out is why the Dems would have this guy for their president if he is incoherent for the length of a speech or an interview, as opposed to a few seconds here and there.

Your response is worthless, too. Can you provide a link to a whole 30 minute speech or interview where he’s out to lunch the whole time?

Biden should be thumbing through rest home brochures, not running for president.

1 Like

And can you provide a link to something that actually proves he didn’t just have a brain fart?

Cuz I could … and I think I have… provided links to Trump videos where he sounds just as out of it as BIden did in the clip I saw tonight.

Am I insulting you? Why are you so bitter?

The man has had a tragic life and is obviously having issues. Let him go.

A brain fart describes an occasional lapse in clarity. It’s anything but occasional with Biden.

And why are you bringing Trump into this, I thought the thread was about Biden?

Spoken with no irony as if Trump doesn’t talk random nonsense which you guys have to Trumsplain every other day.

Because it’s not difficult to find sound bytes of old people blabbering about nothing or having mental lapses. However, you guys are acting as if we don’t have two very old guys running against each other.

With Biden it’s called a Corn Pop.

1 Like

Of course it’s not difficult to find old people blabbering on and having mental lapses…just look at any Biden event.

And who is this you guys? I don’t think Trump is any better.

The thread is about Biden … in … context.

I’ve yet to see any respondent here talk about Biden in context.

I mention Trump because, as I would have thought would have been clear to you - as far as I can tell at the moment - not having watched Biden give any speeches or interviews - his gaffes etc. are no worse than Trumps.

I keep asking for straight answers and have received none yet from those who don’t like the guy. Do you watch his interviews or speeches and can say whether or not he’s gaffe city throughout his entire speaking, or can you not?

Hopefully Biden supporters will join this thread tomorrow and offer their opinions.

What is the Dem’s fallback if Biden does prove to be afflicted with dementia or something in the next few months? Elevate his choice of running mate to presidential candidate and choose someone else to be VP?

Why? and who coined it?

Yeah, I mean Biden is far from an ideal candidate…but his campaign rallies aren’t 60 minutes of incoherence. We live in a TikTok generation though, so whatever 20 second clip you can snip will do.

I’m still trying to figure out what a lying dog-faced pony soldier is. And why that’s ok to say to a chick.

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: “No Worse Than Trump”

He was apparently misquoting a Korean war movie. He was not implying the woman was dog-faced. (Not something you could be sure of with the insult-king known as Trump.)

Stupid of him to quote from an obscure movie, but I actually have a friend who does that. Quotes from movies all the time thinking I’m going to recognize what he’s talking about.

You’re right he didn’t imply it.

Did you read that link?

I don’t think he did.

Yes.

It’s critical of Biden, I know.

My point is he was just misquoting from a movie.

Here it is from Vox.

Biden explained the provenance of “lying dog-faced pony soldier” at a North Dakota rally in 2018, saying that his brother loved to use lines from movies.

“There’s a line in a movie, a John Wayne movie, where the Indian chief turns to John Wayne and says, this is a lying dog-faced pony soldier,” Biden said.

It’s not clear if this line actually shows up in any John Wayne movie — as Matthew Dessem points out at Slate, there are 180 to sift through. The general consensus seems to be that Biden is probably thinking of the 1952 Tyrone Power film Pony Soldier , in which a character says, “The pony soldier speaks with a tongue of the snake that rattle

Was that an appropriate line for Biden to say? I don’t think so. But then, Trump has said some inappropriate things, too,.

But what I’m trying to find out is if the guy is actually suffering from the early stages of dementia.

I’d like to hear the opinions of people who actually watch his speeches or interviews in their entirety, not from folks who just read the headlines on Hannity which pick out a 10-second soundbyte.

I have not listened to any of his speeches or interviews, and don’t really want to.

So he just added dog-faced for good measure and totally ■■■■■■ it up anyways.

Solid.

1 Like