Let's Talk About Changes to Policing

Angry yet?

Just for fun, I looked him up. Heā€™s like 6ā€™ 5" and weighs 219 lbs. according to Basketball Reference web site.

More than likely, the cop saw how big he was, freaked out and forgot his training. Iā€™m betting you would too.

I like Audit The Audit the best. They critique all sides of the interactions.

3 Likes

Ha, I am flabbergasted at how badly trained and ignorant so many police officers are.

Sure at times civilians can make a bad situation worse but ultimately the police are expected to be the professionals and the onus is on them to de-escalate a situation.

The audit videos also show that there are many good police officers out there that are frustrated by their incompetent and sometimes quite obviously corrupt colleagues.

I really recommend the audit series of videos. The content creator does a lot of research to back up his commentary.

And yes some of the videos made me angry.

1 Like

They are the videos i have been watching.

2 Likes

News Now Patrick on Facebook is another good auditor.

2 Likes

An oldie but a goodie from 2020ā€¦

Link

I dont think anyone can defend the actions of the police in this instance but I am sure some will try.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been disabled for a bit over a year, so I spend a lot of time online and I can appreciate the work these auditors do. But I gotta say, some of these guys go over the top with unnecessary combativeness, especially where civilians are concerned. From what Iā€™ve been reading, there is some major disagreements between the photographers and their videos concerning their different styles. But what I canā€™t figure out is how the cops still insist on detaining these people. They always end up doing the ā€œwalk of shameā€ along with getting an education. It all proves that training among these departments is sorely lacking. Personally, Iā€™ll never trust a cop, never. Their egos rule their decisions. I knowā€¦I was a New York State Trooper and this has been going on for decadesā€¦itā€™s the reason I left the job. I was stopped last week for failure to signal and the cop gave me grief for recording the stop, telling me it was against the law to record police. ???. He stopped his lying as soon as I asked for a supervisor, in fact he stopped talking to me all together and let me off with a ā€warningā€.

4 Likes

The most obvious solution would be to provide more training for police.
Atlanta is trying to build an institute to provide that training and the left is going out of their mind.

1 Like

The left doesnā€™t want law and order. That seems clear.

The expectation of police being properly vetted and trained is not a left, right thing.

One may need to check their internal bias towards the ā€œother teamā€ if one thinks the left or right do not want a safe as possible environment for the public.

2 Likes

Complete ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

2 Likes

The radical left certainly doesnā€™t. It is a feature of crits.

I would agree dems do.

1 Like

I remember when all the policing problems were going to be solved with affirmative action.

You can get all the fentanyl you want. Heck, this admin seems to be working with cartels in Mexico to import it through open borders. The best way to solve these problem is legalize drugs. Making them illegal is not working. Just turning the cities into insane asylums. Then they blame policeā€¦

I agree, although cops are civilians

And this is what happens when you go way too far with ā€˜police reformā€™.

Trust me, this ainā€™t pretty.

The whole defund the police tagline was a nice mantra and gets the spotlight on the huge issues we face with the police but anyone with any sense knows actually removing the police is going to cause an even bigger issue.

In my own area the IMPD are not exactly a shining example for policing but remove them and the city will be an even bigger mess.

I did laugh at a suggestion made a while back (not on this forum) that a counsellor should be dispatched to domestic disputes. A man or woman beating their spouse in a violent rage is going to respond well to someone telling them to find their zen and everyone has the right to express their feelings LOL.

1 Like

I want to find the brain trust that decided that since crime was at historically low numbers that people would just stop criming and slap them around. Nothing too violent.

1 Like

The problem is, how far do you go before the cops just say ā€˜eff itā€™ and go guard the Krispy Kreme all night?

In Chicago right now, that is what is happening. Same with New York, and a lot of these other big cities.

Cops do not feel we have their backs, and as a consequence they are loathe to do their job, and can you blame them?