Let's make a list of *positive* actions politicians have taken in US cities and states

No they just squeezed into different areas.

Hmmmm I enjoy watching you blame Obama for Gov Snyder’s screw up

Why do they make up what I said? Various people in the state were responsible. However, the EPA had the responsibility to step in. They later admitted their own errors, now lib posters want to call them liars.

You specifically blamed Obama’s EPA… Don’t back track

1 Like

Is it possible that the state could have been negligent in allowing this situation to occur and the EPA additionally responsible in not fulfilling their responsibility to ameliorate the situation?
I will leave you to ponder that for a while.

You can do it!

You mentioned nothing about the State… You went directly to Obama’s EPA fault… Ponder that

Ummm…as you so conveniently included in the history, Republican officials in the state had already been covered. I added the part of the EPA also being involved.

Go ponder some more.

Sure Doug you meant that whole attacking the EPA …

I like MTA lowering fares for the subways for lower income people, which Democrats did in New York because it achieved taking less money out of the pockets for poor people in NYC to get to work

How about that Paul? does that met you criteria?

Allan

Thanks, B. Yes.

What we’re the fares before and after the policy implementation?

Half price for the poor.

https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-mayor/fair-fares-nyc.page

Allan

I like that our dems in CO have given local govts. more control over oil and gas - how close they can be to houses and schools, etc. I also like that our dem gov. has done “re–insurance”…I’m not clear on the details yet, but it’s designed to lower heath care premiums next year by up to 18%. My daughter’s $290.00 med/dental premiums (under Obamacare) just dropped already to $218.00/mo. He also capped insulin costs and is working on importing drugs from Canada.

I also like that home delivery of medical marijuana starts next year, and recreational the year after. The delivery of medical will help those who really are ill and have trouble getting out.

Local problem created locally but of course conservatives are all for federal intervention at the local level!

1 Like

Good post.

I like what my state politicians have done with preemption to keep city ordinances from violating the Constitution.

I can’t think of anything positive about any city or pol helping in them, but I don’t live in a city.

What did the state do with the preemption?

They make it so local ordinances cannot prohibit what the state allows, such as carrying an arm.

San Antonio had some stupid assed knife ordinances.

Hmm. I can see some instances that I would like that here…in Denver there are weed dispensaries on practically every corner. I live in a weed desert. Also, Denver was the only city to decriminalize mushrooms. I can see my dislike for it going the other way though.

I have mixed feelings about it. I really only support it when it comes to rights, not so much commerce.

Yeah, that’s understandable. I would agree on the rights, but I imagine a republican gov/mayors could change my mind quickly, lol.

My son was there two years ago. He fell in love with the place.