Let's Look at Illegal Immigration, Shall We?

Why even talk about the Constitutionality of birthright citizenship? In order to contest it in court you would need a law passed by Congress prohibiting it, and then take it to court. But if you had that sort of support in Congress you would simply greatly increase the enforcement of our laws on immigration. With strict enforcement, birthright citizenship would again become the minor issue it once was.
But if you don’t, as now, have support for strict enforcement in our laws, you certainly aren’t in a position to get a bill passed that would be used to contest birthright citizenship.

there is nothing to contest.
the court is pretty clear that birthright citizenship is protected by the Constitution.

if you want to remove it have a constitutional convention.
I’m sure liberal would love it they could push for Abortion, and gender equality.

Again…my main point is that if you strictly enforce immigration laws then there will no be millions of illegals in the country having babies here, and it will become a minor issue…as it once was.
A few people along the border but not much more.

this isnt about me

It looks like it is taken from comments she made during a congressional hearing on the subject on June 28, 1995.

Scroll down to “limits on immigration” and see the cited PDF.

And all that is required to change that is a new court decision based on the original meaning and intent.

1 Like

The dignity. See link above.

Harry Reid was/is exactly correct. How can anybody claim to be sane for allowing someone to break our laws and then be highly rewarded for doing so? That’s positively crazy and this needs to be changed.

1 Like

Yes, the sudden eruption of “Law and Order Democrats” has been nauseating at best and never seems to surface at all unless Trump is the subject.

1 Like

I have NEVER witnessed one side go as crazy as many have since the election. TDS is a real thing. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

The only thing that appears to have changed over the last 20 years is legislators resolve to defy the wishes of its electorate.

The only way to change this is to vote this issue.

:ballot_box_with_check:

3 Likes

More importantly democrats claim they are following the “will of the people” while circumventing the law to protect and encourage more illegal immigration.

2 Likes

Legislators are very adept at burying the issue and running on health care and other promoted issues instead.

Immigration needs to be issue number 1.

:children_crossing:

2 Likes

It was or was very close to it in 2016 hence Trump winning the election.

1 Like

I am tired of waiting, politicians lying, breaking agreements and therefore…build the ■■■■■■■ wall…PERIOD!!!

1 Like

This is a joke, right?

If you think the 1986 agreement was a joke…I’m not laughing.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/99th-congress/senate-bill/1200

I did see the link, watched the video at the DNC. The other video was heavily edited, so that was not reliable.

Also read up on her…and I agree, she was quite the stateswoman.

What specifically do you like?

Asked and answered.

The video is reliable, they are clips.

No you didn’t.
You be you.