Let us be clear. President Trump cannot shut down the federal government!

An inaccurate press release from the Trump administration? Really? Lol

Seriously, show us the proof of the “already under contract” claim you made, or admit you don’t know and made it up.

And we are still waiting for you to detail out how the $5B would be spent as well. You keep ignoring the question though, which tells me you have no idea. Which makes your demands for this money ring hollow, along with your declarations of protecting the general welfare, as you just want the government to steal taxpayer dollars and spend them on something, something, something, invading hordes. Lol

Because Mitch said he won’t send a bill to the President until Donald says he will sign it. Unless Donald agrees to sign a bill which doesn’t include money for his wall - Mitch isn’t even going to bring the House bills to the floor.

This has been all over the news since the shutdown started.

And the truth begins to emerge. It is all about appearance. It has nothing to do with general welfare @johnwk2 it is all about politicking. You are getting played.

2 Likes

I gave you evidence. Your response is indicative you are not here for a productive discussion.

:roll_eyes:

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

1 Like

You gave a press release from the administration and claimed it as evidence. And you say I’m not the one here for a legitimate discussion? Fascinating. Lol

1 Like

He’s well aware of that. Starting the conversation from the beginning allows for 600 more posts in this tiresome thread.

You still have not answered the question. The question is “Why would Mitch believe Trump would not sign a bill”

Instead of answering the question, you project innuendoes.

:roll_eyes:

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership has been behind this ongoing invasion of our southern border since 1985 when amnesty was granted to 2.5 million illegal entrants in return for a guarantee to build a wall and secure our border

I am stating a reality. It has nothing to do with your feelers or mine.

Employees have yet to miss a paycheck as they have not yet received their paycheck for this pay period that covers the shutdown yet. In the past these have been resolved and there is not a blip at all in pay delivery.

If and when this goes past the time frame for the next paycheck delivery, then everyone can panic about what is at this point nothing but theater from both sides.

The next pay period ends Saturday, with checks to be received by next Friday. So, they are already going to be losing pay on the next pay period for the current week we are in. It is happening now. In real time. Ignoring it, or pretending it is not happening makes little sense to me.

I answered.

Because Trump told him so.

Trump told Mitch what?

You still have not answered the question. The question is “Why would Mitch believe Trump would not sign a bill”

JWK

I answered it, but for some reason you don’t like my answer.

Mitch was burned once by Trump on this issue two weeks ago and he will not be burned twice. Until he gets a guarantee from Donald that he will sign what the Senate passes - there will be no votes in the Senate on any govt funding of DHS.

Don’t take the bait, people.

Because Trump tells Mitch what he will sign and what he won’t sign.

This isn’t rocket science.

Your answer leaves the question unanswered. “Why would Mitch believe Trump would not sign a bill”

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

Asked and answered.

And asked again.

Because that is what Trump said… or is the president not to be believed when he makes statements like that?

Getting back to the subject of the thread, let us be clear, President Trump cannot shut down the federal government!.

Congress’ inability to pass a spending bill to fund the government and send it to the President for his signature has caused a partial shutdown to take place.

JWK

Then the president is an idiot because he said he’d own it…why do you support a president who knows nothing about the way the government works?