Let us be clear. President Trump cannot shut down the federal government!

^^^ Quoted for Truth
.>>>>

Big Baloney!

Stating facts is not an attack.

The fact is, H.R. which would fund the government is stalled in the Senate because it needs ten democrats for its passage. But minority leader, Schumer is threatening fellow democrats in the Senate to not vote for H.R.695, because of Sec. 141 which reads:

**”Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, there is appropriated for ‘ U.S. Customs and Border Protection—Procurement, Construction, and Improvements’ $5,710,357,000 for fiscal year 2019, to remain available until September 30, 2023. ***

Those, my friend, are the “facts” and they have been repeatedly pointed out in these forums. There is no attack on Schumer when stating the facts.

Aside from that see ‘It’s Now or Never’: Reagan’s Son Warns President Trump He Has ‘No Choice’ But to Build Border Wall

https://twitter.com/ReaganWorld/status/1075805326459322368?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1075805326459322368&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Finsider.foxnews.com%2F2018%2F12%2F24%2Fronald-reagans-son-warns-trump-he-has-no-choice-build-border-wall

Reagan noted his father’s Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, which granted legal status to millions of immigrants and also penalized employers for hiring those without legal work permits.

“My father is still waiting,”; Michael Reagan tweeted.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership has been behind this ongoing invasion of our southern border since 1985 when amnesty was granted to 2.5 million illegal entrants in return for a guarantee to build a wall and secure our border

Another day draws to a close and the Trump Christmas/New Year Shutdown continues. The Coast Guard was owed a check a few days ago.

1 Like

There you go again, misrepresenting the facts.

The fact is, H.R.695 ___ a bill passed by the House and now in the Senate which would finance the federal government and end the shutdown ___ needs ten democrats for its passage. But minority leader, Schumer is threatening fellow democrats in the Senate to not vote for H.R.695, because of Sec. 141 which reads:

”Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, there is appropriated for ‘ U.S. Customs and Border Protection—Procurement, Construction, and Improvements’ $5,710,357,000 for fiscal year 2019, to remain available until September 30, 2023.”

Until a bill funding the government is passed and sent to the president for his signature, the current shutdown rests solely with Congress.

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

1 Like

If you are speaking of the Dec 31 check, they got it.

How many democrats voted for it in the senate? How do you know that you only need 10 Democrats to pass it? Did you poll them? Do you have enough Republicans? How do you know?

The fault rests with Congress, if fault is to be assigned.

Until a bill funding the government is passed by Congress and sent to the president for his signature, the government shutdown fault rests exclusively with Congress.

Let’s keep to the facts . . . just the facts.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership has been behind this ongoing invasion of our southern border since 1985 when amnesty was granted to 2.5 million illegal entrants in return for a guarantee to build a wall and secure our border

1 Like

Wonderful news! So glad less people are hurt by the Trump Christmas Shutdown! Wish it would end. Come on Trump. Negotiate!

There you go again, misrepresenting the facts.

The fact is, H.R.695 ___ a bill passed by the House and now in the Senate which would finance the federal government and end the shutdown ___ needs ten democrats for its passage. But minority leader, Schumer is threatening fellow democrats in the Senate to not vote for H.R.695, because of Sec. 141 which reads:

”Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, there is appropriated for ‘ U.S. Customs and Border Protection—Procurement, Construction, and Improvements’ $5,710,357,000 for fiscal year 2019, to remain available until September 30, 2023.”

Until a bill funding the government is passed and sent to the president for his signature, the current shutdown rests solely with Congress.

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

1 Like

How did all of you ever survive the past govt shutdowns? :rofl:

It’s pandalerium!!!

1 Like

Cool deflection from the fact that Trump has caused this debacle. Just because it doesn’t effect me, it doesn’t mean I don’t have empathy for those effected. Your post really embraces the compassionate conservatism I used to hear about.

1 Like

Trump threatened the House not to pass the spending bill as amended by the senate.

Why don’t you bring that up?

Have you ever read our Constitution? Congress, and only Congress, is assigned power to legislate spending bills. And all bills for raising revenue are to originate in the House. H.R.695 is one such bill but it is stalled in the Senate.

JWK

1 Like

Because he is not a member of the Legislative branch of government, and he has no control over members of Congress. The silly things he may say or tweet are irrelevant when it comes to the actual power which the Legislature exercises.

JWK

1 Like

Schumer has no control over other Senators. They can vote however they please. This is how the Senate is designed. Each vote is equal!

Sweetie I have personally (as a govt employee) survived every govt shutdown between 1980 and 2003, so spare me OK?

Way to make the Trump Christmas/New Year Shutdown about you. Lol. Do you want a reward or a pat on the head? It seems like that’s what you want.

When Republicans are in charge the government seems to run poorly. I’m not trying to be partisan, but it seems clear to me which politicians actually want a working government.

No, I want you to understand your little swipe about compassionate conservatism directed at me is uncalled for and untrue. I’ve personally weathered the things you are sitting here bitching about and the reality is nothing like the fantasy you are all projecting.

Fantasy? What are you going on about? I said I was concerned for them. You questioned sarcastically how did people ever survive past shutdowns. That is not a compassionate statement from you. I know alternative facts rule these days, but take some responsibility for your post.

1 Like