Let us be clear. President Trump cannot shut down the federal government!

He doesn’t have power to shut down the government. What are you talking about?

Why are you reporting fake news?

JWK

2 Likes

Congress did their job… Trump is the one not doing his…

well if they actually did they would have had actual bills voted on that would fun all of the government as opposed to just a CR…Republican leadership at its best. burning down the house, kicking the can down the street and hope democrats will fix it all

And President Trump will be doing his job by vetoing the bill and giving Congress a second chance to add $5.5 billion to fund border security and the wall, which is what the American people want.

If Congress doesn’t override the President’s veto, they will be closing down the government! The power to keep the government open and funded is in Congress’ hands ___ like it or not. Schumer is already panicking over the President’s threatened veto!

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the cost of building a wall! LINK

1 Like

[/quote]

And President Trump will be doing his job by vetoing the bill and giving Congress a second chance to add $5.5 billion to fund border security and the wall, which is what the American people want.

JWK

[/quote]

That’s where you go wrong. The American people don’t want Trump to waste billions on a campaign advertisement. There are millions more against this than for it. Your president is only in office because our system allows someone to be president when he lost by millions of votes to the other candidate.

Republican president? Haven’t you guys been telling us Trump isn’t a Republican and the Republican party is now the Trumplican party? If that’s the case, why isn’t the Trumplican party just falling in line? Could it be that “gasp” you people were wrong? Again? Nah.

2 Likes

who is you guys? the only people who are saying trump wasn’t a real republican are those preparing the life rafts.

1 Like

I’ve seen plenty of forum libs say this. I’m not the least bit surprised you’re denying it though.

Who won the republican presidential primary in 2016 who then went to run as President in the general election as a Republican, who has gone on rallies supporting republican trying to get elected in 2018? Just because the republican party has shifted its platform to go from what McCain and Flake and W was for to what trump is fore does not make it any less the Republican party. Liberals want to make sure everyone knows that republicans elected this disaster, Republicans in the house and senate coddled him, protected him, enabled him, Republicans continue to defend him and agree with his stances

And yet they aren’t just falling in line with funding the wall. Amazing. But hey, at least you’re consistent. Oh wait. :roll_eyes:

Republicans who have the majority in both houses are failing to support a Republican president even worse Republicans in both the House and the Senate are failing to do their actual job by voting on the actually bill to pay for the government and are relying on CR stopgap measures. Republicans are failing, its very very consistant

Let’s review:

You said:
“Republicans who have the majority in both houses are failing to support a Republican president even worse Republicans in both the House and the Senate are failing to do their actual job by voting on the actually bill to pay for the government and are relying on CR stopgap measures. Republicans are failing, its very very consistant”

Earlier you said:
“Republicans continue to defend him and agree with his stances”

Trump’s stance is he wants Congressional Republicans to fund a wall on the border. Republicans won’t fund it. But Republicans continue to defend him and agree with his stances. You betcha. :wink:

Like I said, at least you’re consistent. :laughing:

Its really not complicated. defending him and failing to do their jobs as elected officials are not mutually exclusives.

1 Like

I’m not the one wrapping myself in a pretzel trying to explain a self invented narrative. But you go ahead and knock yourself out. I’ll let you. :laughing:

what pretzels. i will try to simply as much as i can. in doing so i am going to have to use a wide brush so please mods dont delete
-Republican are dumb and stupid
-Republicans like Trump because he is dumb and stupid
-because Republicans are dumb and stupid they fail at doing their job

get it?

If they were dumb and stupid as you sugggest and Trump is a Republican, why wouldn’t they just go along with what he wants and fund the wall?

Could it be that

gasp

you’re still wrong?

Nah.

:laughing:

point 3
-because Republicans are dumb and stupid they fail at doing their job

UPDATE ON CLOSING DOWN THE GOVERNMENT:

At a 6:45 pm news conference,

Chuck Schumer stomps his feet, holds his breath, and while turning blue he promises to shut down government by not passing the spending bill which will be sent over from the House!

So, as it turns out, it is Chuck-boy Schumer who has promised to shut down the government. Surprise, surprise, surprise! Who would have known?

JWK

## Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone, far more than the measly $5 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

2 Likes

LOL! Even Rush says the President will shut the government down if he doesn’t get his wall funding.

But nice try,