Let us be clear. President Trump cannot shut down the federal government!

You’ve not shown me where they say anything is a promise.

Where do they use the word promise?

:roll_eyes:

The legislation makes the promise in specific wording.
See HERE

And pay attention.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership has been encouraging this ongoing invasion of our southern border since 1985 when amnesty was granted to 2.5 million illegal entrants in return for a guarantee to prevent illegal border crossings. And here we are today, illegal border crossings have not been prevented, and there are 10-15 million new illegal entrants while the invasion continues

Unless you can point to the word promise, then you’re just making things up.

The legislation explicitly states:

(a) TWO ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS. – It is the sense of Congress that two essential elements of the program of immigration control established by this Act are –

(1) an increase in the border patrol and other inspection and enforcement activities of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and of other appropriate Federal agencies in order to prevent and deter the illegal entry of aliens into the United States and the violation of the terms of their entry, and ….

Since its passage, it has not prevented illegal border crossings. As a matter of fact, since its passage in 1986 we have had approximately 10 - 20 MILLION new illegal entries into the United States, and, the invasion of our border continues!

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership has been encouraging the ongoing invasion of our southern border since 1985 when amnesty was granted to 2.5 million illegal entrants in return for a guarantee to prevent illegal border crossings. And here we are today, illegal border crossings have not been prevented, and there are 10-15 million new illegal entrants while the invasion continues

Gotcha. No promise was ever made in the act. Glad we can agree.

How many border crossings were there in 1986 as compared to now?

I don’t know why you are fixated with the word “promise” when in fact the legislation explicitly states:

(a) TWO ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS. – It is the sense of Congress that two essential elements of the program of immigration control established by this Act are –

(1) an increase in the border patrol and other inspection and enforcement activities of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and of other appropriate Federal agencies in order to prevent and deter the illegal entry of aliens into the United States and the violation of the terms of their entry, and ….

Since its passage in 1986, it has not prevented illegal border crossings. As a matter of fact, since its passage in 1986 we have had approximately 10 - 20 MILLION new illegal entries into the United States, and, the invasion of our border continues!

So, tell me, how many more American citizens have to be killed by illegal entrants before the Democrat Party Leadership provides sufficient revenue to build barriers along our border where the terrain requires such barriers to help prevent illegal border crossings? How many more of our public schools have to be overwhelmed and destroyed by the children of illegal entrants before Nancy Botox Pelosi agrees to secure our border? How many more local communities have to be terrorized by illegal entrant gang members, or emergency rooms closes because they are filled with illegal entrants before Pelosi decides to provide for the general welfare of the United States and her citizens?

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone! Far more than the measly $5.7 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

You called it a promise. I don’t see how you can have a promise without actually using the word promise. It seems you’re relying on an inference but the text is the key. There is no such promise in the text, as you’ve clearly pointed out. You can’t find anything with the word promise.

What was the number of illegal crossings in 1986 as compared to 2016?

[quote=“dantes, post:832, topic:84204, full:true”]
You called it a promise. [/quote]

You never answered how many more American citizens have to be killed by illegal entrants before the Democrat Party Leadership provides sufficient revenue to build barriers along our border where the terrain requires such barriers to help prevent illegal border crossings? How many more of our public schools have to be overwhelmed and destroyed by the children of illegal entrants before Nancy Botox Pelosi agrees to secure our border? How many more local communities have to be terrorized by illegal entrant gang members, or emergency rooms closes because they are filled with illegal entrants before Pelosi decides to provide for the general welfare of the United States and her citizens?

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, subdue, demoralize and then conquer a prosperous and freedom loving people than by allowing and encouraging the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low-skilled, criminal and diseased populations of other countries to invade that country, and make the country’s existing citizens tax-slaves to support the economic needs of such invaders.

It’s awfully strange of you to ask me to answer questions when you haven’t been able to answer any of the very simple questions posed.

Where does the bill say anything about a “promise”?

Answer that, or any other question I’ve posed you and I’ll think about answering yours.

It would appear that the number is greater than the total number of all these impacts since November 7, 2018 since the GOP house, senate and presidency did nothing before then…

I already gave my explanation several times, the last time being HERE

The legislation, in specific language, lays out its objective, as related to “immigration control” and the objective is “to prevent and deter the illegal entry of aliens into the United states” It is not unreasonable to conclude those words give and assurance or a promise to the American People that Congress will actually work to “prevent and deter the illegal entry of aliens into the United States”.

Why you insist in repeatedly beating a dead horse over the word “promise”, instead of engaging in a productive discussion about the necessity to effectively secure our border leads one to question your presents in the thread.

In any event, now that I addressed your fixation with the word “promise” for the umpteenth time, tell me, how many more American citizens have to be killed by illegal entrants before the Democrat Party Leadership provides sufficient revenue to build barriers along our border where the terrain requires such barriers to help prevent illegal border crossings? How many more of our public schools have to be overwhelmed and destroyed by the children of illegal entrants before Nancy Botox Pelosi agrees to secure our border? How many more local communities have to be terrorized by illegal entrant gang members, or emergency rooms closes because they are filled with illegal entrants before Pelosi decides to provide the $5.7 Billion necessary to promote the general welfare of the United States and her citizens?

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone! Far more than the measly $5.7 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

So we can both agree that a promise was never made since it was never stated as such. If we agree, then we can move on and have a productive conversation.

The next step to have a productive conversation (after we agree to the above statement) is to acknowledge that contrary to the lies of the right, illegal immigration has dropped by an order of magnitude since 1986. That’s just a fact.

Another fact, the 1986 immigration agreement stipulated how it wished to deter illegal immigration. There was NO funding for a border wall. Never even discussed.

Finally, no amount of border wall will end all illegal immigration. Simply not going to happen. Using the families of these individuals is an appeal to emotion and not a rational means for having a productive discussion.

Peace

2 Likes

If there is any agreement with respect to your above comment, that agreement is, Congress reneged on its 1986 Act which specifically declared its object was “to prevent and deter the illegal entry of aliens into the United states”

Now, that I have repeatedly addressed your fixation with the word “promise” for the umpteenth time, tell me, how many more American citizens have to be killed by illegal entrants before the Democrat Party Leadership provides sufficient revenue to build barriers along our border where the terrain requires such barriers to help prevent illegal border crossings? How many more of our public schools have to be overwhelmed and destroyed by the children of illegal entrants before Nancy Botox Pelosi agrees to secure our border? How many more local communities have to be terrorized by illegal entrant gang members, or emergency rooms closes because they are filled with illegal entrants before Pelosi decides to provide the $5.7 Billion necessary to promote the general welfare of the United States and her citizens?

JWK

You’ve never addressed it. You’ve only deflected it. If you admit that there’s no promise then we can move on. Until then, I won’t answer any of your silly questions. We can’t have conversation when you can’t accurately reflect reality.

Why you insist in repeatedly beating a dead horse over the word “promise”, instead of engaging in a productive discussion about the necessity to effectively secure our border leads one to question your participation in the thread.

And, I answered your question HERE

Now that I addressed your fixation with the word “promise” for the umpteenth time, tell me, how many more American citizens have to be killed by illegal entrants before the Democrat Party Leadership provides sufficient revenue to build barriers along our border where the terrain requires such barriers to help prevent illegal border crossings? How many more of our public schools have to be overwhelmed and destroyed by the children of illegal entrants before Nancy Botox Pelosi agrees to secure our border? How many more local communities have to be terrorized by illegal entrant gang members, or emergency rooms closes because they are filled with illegal entrants before Pelosi decides to provide the $5.7 Billion necessary to promote the general welfare of the United States and her citizens?

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, subdue, demoralize and then conquer a prosperous and freedom loving people than by allowing and encouraging the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low-skilled, criminal and diseased populations of other countries to invade that country, and make the country’s existing citizens tax-slaves to support the economic needs of such invaders.

Man, the goal posts keep getting moved further and further… For someone so concerned about “free cheese” I assume you would like a detailed plan and analysis of the cost/benefit of “barriers” (what happened to the concrete wall… heck, we even had prototypes built) where “the terrain requires such barriers” (I thought it was the whole border now it’s “where the terrain requires such barriers”). Can you provide me a link to that study?

If by addressed the word promise, you mean deflect?

No. Just admit there was no promise. If there were, you’d be able to show me where the promise was made. Instead you just quote the same section which says nothing about a promise.

It’s not my fault you made this silly and obviously untrue claim about the 1986 compromise, now you’re trying to run from it.

Just answer the question honestly and I’ll answer yours.

Well, I see you are still beating a dead horse while the irrefutable fact is, 2,5 million illegal entrants were granted amnesty in 1986 in return for legislation declaring its object was “to prevent and deter the illegal entry of aliens into the United states”

And here we are today, with 10 - 20 MILLION new illegal entrants in the United States, the invasion of our border continues, and Nancy Botox Pelosi refusing to provide $5.7 billion to make good on a 35 year old legislative Act, the object of which was “to prevent and deter the illegal entry of aliens into the United states”

President Trump needs to hold firm, ignore Nancy Botox Pelosi’s adolescent conduct, and continue to demand she makes good on the 35 year old legislation under which 2.5 million illegal entrants were given amnesty in return for legislation asserting it would “prevent and deter the illegal entry of aliens into the United states” which now requires, at the very least, $ 5.7 Billion to build barriers along our border which would help in preventing and deterring the “illegal entry of aliens into the United States”.

JWK

As long as you admit there was no such promise how about you admit that the means stipulated by the bill to prevent and deter illegal immigration

1. Included no border wall
  2. Were fulfilled in their entirety decades ago
  3. Reduced illegal crossings by 85% or more.

If you admit that, and you should since it’s the truth, then you’d find your attempt to make this about the 1986 immigration compromise is completely unsuccessful.