Let the Screaming Begin: Youngkin to pull Virginia out of Cap and Trade Pact

Governor Youngkin plans to withdraw Virginia from the RGGI Cap and Trade climate pact.

Youngkin plans to withdraw Virginia from interstate climate pact

I have attached the current average electricity rate, by state. The RGGI and California all have cap and trade. Compare the member state’s rates to the other states. While Virginia’s rate is the best of the RGGI states, their average power cost will go down if this happens.

2021 ELECTRICITY RATES BY STATE (UPDATED JULY 31, 2021)

2 Likes

Once again, the politics align with the robbery of people in their states.

2 Likes

Average energy costs in most of the RGGI member states are 50%+ above the vast majority of the other states. And so are California’s electricity rates.

4 Likes

Those pockets aren’t going to line themselves after all. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hell of a system. Make up a notional security, representing an arbitrary carbon allowance. Take sealed bids (anyone can bid, include foreigners and foreign companies) and sell them off (money goes to the agency running the pact, then after a haircut, is given to the participating state governments to spend as they wish. Speculators are welcome, as is futures trading, and fossil fuel power generation companies, must buy them to cover the estimated CO2 released by their operations on a rolling 3 year period. Of course any emissions not covered by allowances result in an additional fine paid to the state.

2 Likes

I’m liking Youngkin more and more with each passing day.

4 Likes

A successful businessman that sees the waste, fraud and folly of “goobermint”.

4 Likes

A breath of fresh air after the last clown.

1 Like

It would be great if they repealed all their 2nd Amendment infringements while they’re at it.

5 Likes

They did take the legislature and the governor’s office.

2 Likes

They need to limit the influence of the anti-gun Karen’s first.

2 Likes

Karenism is a problem.

I get the meaning and agree, just hate the use of “Karen.”

It’s a my bride/mother of my children thing.

I understand. I’m not particularly fond of the expression either. I only use it out of laziness as I can’t think of a better term to describe the self righteous, perpetually insecure and aggrieved anti-gun mob.

I don’t like it because it takes on a racial connotation.

I don’t veiw it as a racial thing, but I can see how it could be.

It sprung up out of the white woman fusing about the black man in the park incident. One of my young employees used it in front of me and I asked him what it meant. He explained it was slang for an ignorant acting white woman.

Woke busy body?

Gladys is more accurate.

1 Like

:rofl:

4 Likes