Let my people go (to the park)

That tweet was in April, but DeBlasio is still acting this way now.

As I said. DeBlasio sucks.

Caving into the Orthodox Community doesn’t help things either.

Just my opinion though.

I agree.

But they already “caved” to the protesters.

So if we get a second wave, we’re screwed because no one left who will have the power to do things will have any credibility.

1 Like

Yeah… if the next couple of weeks sees an uptick in infections because of the protests, that means that opening up schedule is halted and NYC will be screwed.

Right now I am contingent to goo back to work at the beginning of August. That is if everything goes well.

From those that I know who have been going to the protests and have been involved in community service in the city,… they have been taking the precautions that they can. But I know that not everyone involved is having a level of caution that they should be taking.

One thing to know about the relationship with the Orthodox and Hasidic community to the rest of the city, they are not really well liked. It has nothing to with them being Jewish, but with how they interact with the surrounding people. They are a powerful voting block, so they are pandered to… a lot.

You know who else targeted Hasidic Jews in the middle of this? Israel.

Link?

For context in the New York area, consider the recent spike of anti-Semitic crimes including a mass murder targeting Hasidic Jews in Newark last December. A large portion of the anti-Semitic attacks have targeted Orthodox Jews, especially Hasidic Jews:

Here is a report from January on recent attacks in Brooklyn:

Is de Blasio fanning the flames of anti-Semitism?

I wouldn’t have even brought it up if it wasn’t happening again and would have even agreed with you. As the way it looks now is mass protesting and rioting by BLM and company acceptable but the Jüdin are not allowed in the park.

The playgrounds are set to open up on Monday with phase 2.

Everyone chill.

1 Like

Targeted lockdowns.

De Blasio is an idiot. Orthodox Jews like to be a nation into themselves. They even have their own ambulances and security.

Nobody is allowed in the park. The playgrounds are all locked down in every neighborhood. You guys thinking this is some sort of targeting is freaking hysterical after calls to lockdown New York and prevent New Yorkers from traveling.

Oh and Soros!!!

Oh one other thing. The dudeS who shor up a synagogue the past two years were white supremacists. Black nationalists are ■■■■■■■■■

Siri had nothing to with this.

I can assure you, he doesn’t want to antagonize the Orthodox community. They are a powerful voting bloc.

Playgrounds are closed for a reason. Parks are not closed.

We could have used that chill imho a few weeks ago now I have Chaz/Chop down the street and hardily any of them are wearing masks or social distancing. There obviously seems to be one rule for one group and a different rule for another. It’s not being hidden either.

Just the perennial boogeyman. He doesn’t you are right. I added out of snark. You guys are so very wrong about this being anti Semitic targeting because most of you don’t even know what the Hasidic Jews are

Oh and then cutting locks wasn’t a peaceful protest it was Hasidic Jews being Hasidic Jews.

You are comparing what is going on way across the country on your side of the world to some Orthodox and Hasidics wanting to be in playgrounds a half a week earlier than scheduled.

At least make comparisons of things that are like each other.

Similar reports have appeared in the US about COVID-19 targeting black communities.

Why is de Blasio singling out Orthodox Jews for special attention?

Playgrounds in the city opened up outside of the Orthodox areas?

Hasidic Jews usually have big families with lots of children. Closing playgrounds is a bigger deal for their communities.

If the concern is really about “no one is above the law”, then why BLM gatherings and violations of the law allowed without similar response from the mayor?

Are those gatherings happening in the playgrounds?

Dude… this is political fluff that is being ginned up to attack a terrible mayor that no one likes.

Don’t fall for it.