Let my people go (to the park)

Orthodox Jews participated in a nonviolent protest in Brooklyn to cut open locks blocking access to city parks and playgrounds. Mayor de Blasio has responded by welding gates shut and threatening to arrest protestors, "we’re not going to allow people to take the law into their own hands”.

The mayor has endorsed BLM protests that have ignored social distancing guidelines and have sometimes resulted in violence.

Is the mayor just enforcing the law that closes the parks?

Or is selective enforcement of COVID rules a form of discrimination?

1 Like

He actually said this? The hypocrisy is astounding and makes me ask, why do NYers put up with this turd?

I hope I am wrong but I think we are going to be hit with a crushing second wave And the problem will be is that mayors and governors who have allowed all these protests without having a problem for the zero social distancing will have zero credibility in trying to enforce another lockdown.

I continue to social distance and wear a mask in public. It does not harm me and its a slight inconvenience for what i see is the socially responsible thing to do.

2 Likes

Yes, de Blasio claims that BLM protests are a special exception to the rules because of 400 years of slavery and racism.

Jews have had their own history of overcoming slavery and racism as well. Many Jews came to the US to practice their religion freely and to escape persecution under the Nazis and Communists.

De Blasio specifically targeted an outdoor gathering at a Jewish funeral:

"My message to the Jewish community, and all communities, is this simple: the time for warnings has passed. I have instructed the NYPD to proceed immediately to summons or even arrest those who gather in large groups. This is about stopping this disease and saving lives. Period.”

Can the government pick and choose who has to follow the rules and which causes are worthy of special treatment?

De Blasio is the quintessential Lib idiot. Libs elected him so they deserve him. I have no sympathy for Libs and the consequences they suffer because of chronic stupidity. I’m guessing most of those Jews voted for the guy…

All these Jews have to do is carry a BLM/George Floyd sign with them anytime they want to gather in a large group and they’ll be able to carry on w/out issues :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that would also elevate BLM to a false status of popularity and play into their hands.

Can’t get much more popular than they are already

1 Like

Seems like he finally found some balls when it comes to Jews.

Interesting…very interesting.

I hope you are right.

DeBlasio sucks and should step down… but really people. The neighborhoods where this kerfuffle is taking place were among the hardest hit by Covid in the city and playgrounds are set to open on Monday anyway.

Everyone just chill.

Go and try on your own to tear down a statue of someone you didn’t like and see what happens to you. That will answer your question.

2 Likes

Just like PA.

I would shed no tears about the removal of the Che Guevara statue in Central Park.

2 Likes

Rationalization.

1 Like

doesn’t he care if BLM protesters get Covid?

It was a temporary art piece that depicted oddly enough a street performer who would dress up as Che.

So it looks like you have your wish.

It is no longer there. Hasn’t been for years.

Lenin is still in Seattle:

Lenin did not fare so well in former Soviet Union. Here is a story from Ukraine.

In Russia some statues were sent out to a monument graveyard.

Grab a rope and tear it down. No one is stopping you

They’re Jews. The left doesn’t care.

3 Likes