Legislating Fatherhood?

It has to be fought with legislation and in the courts too.

What are the law and the court’s going to do? Make it a crime to be a single parent? Mandate marriage?

Please show proof of paying anyone to be single.

I’m hearing the same tired clichĂ©s with no evidence.

Bill Clinton required identification of sperm donor or list of suspects to qualify for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).

https://dfcs.georgia.gov/services/temporary-assistance-needy-families/tanf-eligibility-requirements

Here’s my state of residence:

http://www.tanf.net/tanf-massachusetts/#:~:text=To%20qualify%20for%20Massachusetts%20TANF%3A%201%20you%20must,low%20wages)%2C%20unemployed%20or%20about%20to%20become%20unemployed.

Where’s the requirement to be single? There are plenty of married, two parent households here receiving assistance, and, contrary to the conservative spiel about welfare and minorities, the most entitlement minded here are white.

1 Like

Many states have requirements for divorcing couples to attend parenting classes:

Not sure if that’s what the Utah reps have in mind, and I doubt that has any affect on making irresponsible sperm and egg donors parr of their children’s life.

It is, though, a reminder that when one divorces with any children, they’re still stuck with their exes through parenting and should at least attempt to be civil.

Actually thats true, can’t argue that. They’re called RINO’s and anti-Trump Republicans.

Make a situation (single parent homes) more economically viable, through government payments, and you get more of them. Histrionic indignation aside, it is what it is.

3 Likes

yep!

i agree. their hearts are in the right place. but anything they do will have minimal impact

Who gave the male children to the women in the divorce? Who financially broke men?

What’s the deal with such a desire for a nuclear family? Aren’t extended family households just as good if not better?

1 Like

I have two family friend females that never bothered to marry because losing their benefits by marrying and living with the fathers brought in less money than their benefits.

1 Like

Fatherless homes are a whole lot more than divorced parents, especially in the inner city. A lot of the children in the inner city are the children of men who never had any intention of acting as a father, morally or financially. And it is now a glamorized multi generational pattern of conduct for many of the males. And an accepted norm by many women to accept an irresponsible scrub as a sexual partner.

And for the record, I was a divorced dad. It didn’t keep me from being a central influence in my oldest children’s lives. It was financially difficult, but no one said life is fair.

It is the people doing the parenting and the realities of human nature that make the nuclear family best, not perfect in all cases, but still best.

I don’t understand. How is a nuclear family superior to an extended family?

Pat Brown speaks of the benefits of extended family about midway through this video:

I agree with her. They can make caring for infants in particular easier on the mother.

Yeah, because it’s all about making it easier on the mother.

Fine.

Dad can stay home and enjoy benefits like a nap while extended family care for the baby, and mom can put food on the table.

Either way extended family, as opposed to strictly the nuclear family, can be a plus.

It’s very difficult to legislate responsible behavior, which ideally comes from responsible parents. The chickens must come before the eggs.

1 Like

Why American men?

Why are American women consenting to the idiocy of unwed parenting?

And it isn’t always black women. Some of these idiots are white, feminized college students who don’t think they need any men to raise their babies, then they’re surprised because they’re broke.

How many of other people’s children have you raised?

1 Like

There’s nothing better, more natural and more foundational, as well as part of the fabric of most if not all major religions than the practice of a man and a woman making a life-long commitment to each other through marriage based on love and extending that love and commitment to a child.

3 Likes