Lee Zeldin is assaulted on while campaigning

Feds had too…but that doesn’t change the fact that you defended his release.

2 Likes

I did? When?

Making excesses.

If you had said…first I think they should have thrown the book at him but I do find this little tidbit interesting. But instead you went and found someone to blame. A MAGA Trumper no less.

1 Like

I didn’t make excuses—I never got that far. I just showed up here. You asked me a question and I gave you answer. I reported a weird detail, heretofore unmentioned in the thread for some reason, that the DA who consciously chose to undercharge the guy is also coincidentally a member of Zeldin’s campaign, an election denier, and a Republican. Her judgement may be right or wrong. But it seemed odd, given how the discussion has preceded (at least from what I’ve read so far). Now, the US Attorneys are charging him. Somehow, this chain of events reveals hypocrisy.

1 Like

You seem very emotionally invested in this.

Attempted assault with a deadly weapon seems like an entirely appropriate charge.

Ooo. Dual sovereignty charges.

Yep. Sure do.

Without looking it up I do believe there are Federal charges when it involves an attempted assassination of a political candidate or office holder.

It’s also worthy to note that the FBI has re-arrested this individual.

Pointing out libs hypocrisy isn’t emotional. Deflecting to hide one hypocrisy needs calling out…is that a problem for you?

No…you just attempted to deflect…hey look TRUMP!!!

1 Like

It wasn’t a deflection. The DA is a republican and a part of Zeldins campaign.

Seems like it isn’t just libs who “undercharge” right?

So what…first libs here said it was nothing…it was plastic. Then they claim he was grabbing the mic. Now it’s Trump fault.

Hypocrisy is the daily special on the Liberal Menu.

They live on it.

2 Likes

The thread was about the release of the perp without bail.

First conservatives blamed libs and our “soft on crime” stance. Then conservatives blamed libs for “undercharging”.

Now we find out it wasn’t a lib AT ALL. The decider was someone in ZELDINS CAMPAIGN

More likely than not the DA’s Office hasn’t been involved yet.

Charged by the Town Police, taken in front of a magistrate and kicked loose.

If the DA thinks more serious charges are warranted they’ll have to seek indictment from a grand jury.

1 Like

A twist on the story…

wow

we assign political motives to judges/judicial system after all

how
about
that

1 Like

If I was conspiratorial… it would almost seem that the DA working for the Zeldin campaign undercharged this to a non bail eligible offense so as to have a talking point on the campaign trail.

But I am not conspiratorial.

2 Likes

Chances are Garland would be hearing of the incident for the first time or “has no knowledge” of the attempted assault on a sitting Us Congressman if one were to ask him.

Indeed they do.