Lebron James took a knee but call people supporting Hong Kong "Misinformed"

Leborn has lost his social issue card, the out spoken player who is very voical about his support of social issues in the U.S call people who publicly support Hong Kong misinformed, saying him and his team had a very hard week. (NBA signed a billion dollar with China, James is going to make millions playing there)

Marketing to a Billion people is a powerful drug.

2 Likes

So many companies have bent the knee to China, Its insane who knew China would push their agenda globally via capitalism.

Disney has added the new “Map” of China in their movies which outlines their control of the South China Sea.

That an American company using Chinese propaganda in their film.

It is absolutely nuts how many Western companies are becoming complicit in blatantly supporting the Chicoms just to make even more money.

This is one of those instances where Capitalism eats itself.

Vietnam was correct in barring that Chinese propaganda from their theaters. What a slap across the face to Vietnam by Dreamworks.

Capitalism is not eating itself.

Companies are merely following their own self interest.

LEFTIST individuals as well.

I should note that CHINA sold out communism in the face of the superiority of capitalism.

It isn’t as if Lebron is some desperate guy trying to make a few bucks to feed his family. He is worth hundreds of millions of dollars and generations to come of his family should be financially set thanks to his basketball career and sponsorships.

But hey, what is dignity and honesty when you are looking down the line at Space Jam 2 and want it to open in China to hundreds of millions of dollars?

communism isn’t what I fear when I look at China, its complete authoritarian police state that has “re-education” camps.

You need to give the govenrment a photo of your face to get a phone now.

2 Likes

Lebron never actually took a knee; he’s always stood for the anthem.

This was really dumb of him to say. But I actually think it’s really disgusting how American companies are bowing to the Chinese lately.

Apple did it recently when they told their show writers to “not depict China in a bad light”.

This is literally Capitalism eating itself.

Doesn’t matter if it is Leftist or from the Right.

They are bowing to authoritarians for profit.

I don’t think China is capitalist, but it is definitely fascist.

1 Like

I am currently working on the second Apple show in a row.

The first was a kids show. This is a Stephen King thing… I have my doubts that there will be any conflicts.

But imagine if there was a show about politics or about spy craft

It is like having internal censors that aren’t concerned with advertisers but with how authoritarian governments will react.

It is nuts.

Pretty damn weak…im a huge lebron fan but he doesnt get hong kong

Meanwhile another NBA player is taking a much more courageous stance

https://twitter.com/EnesKanter/status/1183949336901816326?s=20

4 Likes

LeBron has built up enough credit on issues in the US to be wrong on HK without losing his social issue card.

So he has a high social credit score in the United States and is working on building it in China too!

His social credit is taking a well-deserved beating over this issue. You don’t get to decry systematic oppression while simultaneously supporting the same in order to ensure profits.

1 Like

Lebron was the one uninformed on the issues, not Morey.

1 Like

Indeed. Of course, he made the comment while simultaneously admitting he was uniformed re: Morey’s informed status.