Laws To Save Us

Meanwhile, this guy has been arrested or detained over 50 times…AT HISJOB!

I would offer it is both and weighting is done based on context.

Not at all

Agreed. Good place to start.

How does this contribute to the discussion?

Without giving a business course here.
All institutions of incarceration must never be privately owned for profit businesses, period.
One thing since the last 30 year trend of privatizing ownership of jails, is that programs designed to rehabilitate have all gone, puff, gone.
You can buy more things now in jail, though.
If a focus is not on rehabilitation, then guess what? Right, a repeat customer, I mean, offender.
Politicians screaming I’m tough look at me, law, law, law.
I’m tougher, more law, law, law.
Lobby, lobby, lobby.
Big business steps into incarceration, and guess who pays, both socially, and economically.
The sheople, or is it sheeple.

Laws can be crafted to target any subgroup. Making sentences tougher for crack than cocaine is one example.

1 Like

One context.

Nice sniping.

I am trying to wrap my head around prisons can be privately owned.

Not black.

Some 65% percent of states allow it.
You know like McDonalds is a private business.

Yes we do. Because of stupid people that do stupid things. A guy drives his 4-wheeler across frozen water, it cracks and he falls in. They then need a law that says “don’t drive a 4-wheeler across frozen water.”

Laws are for the lawless. Good people don’t need laws.

2 Likes

how many politicians have you voted for that reduced the number of laws?

Unless you violate the CRA

Privately owned. 1.9 billion in revenue. They have three locations in West Tennessee, all within a 50 mile radius.

Well since most of the states with lots of crime are democrat control…you can’t blame republicans can you?

Now that’s not saying republicans don’t craft/write laws…they’re just as guilty.

We seen two deaths (just tip of iceberg) that resulted in mass rioting and looting. 1 over a ■■■■■■■ cigarette and another over a fake 20 dollar bill.

They say average person breaks 3 laws per day without even knowing about it.

This was true in the 90’s as the Bush admin pushed to have crack cocaine (mostly used by blacks) be punished much harder than powder cocaine (mostly used by whites). Most if not all of this disparity has been removed. I can’t guarantee it in every state but I know in mine cocaine is cocaine regardless of its form.

There has been some obvious severe disparity in some drug laws - crack cocaine vs powder cocaine. And then obviously there were severe abuses in the past. But if you look at 2000’s America the the over representation of blacks in the system is because they in fact commit far more serious crimes which are more likely to land you in prison.

Nationwide over 50% of the murders are by blacks and 50% of the victims are also black. Some will try and say the system is racist and only arresting blacks but its well proven fact that most murders tend to happen within the same race and the race of victims matches closely with race of murderers. They commit 60% of the violent armed robberies. In some states and cities these numbers can be near 80 to 90%. These are the crimes most likely to land you a prison sentence so of course blacks tend to be over represented relative to their population.

Instead of going against the justice system saying its racist one really needs to look at the reasons why blacks are committing violent crime at such a higher rate. Its all socioeconomic in my opinion - blacks are more likely to live in poverty (a huge swath of reasons many of which are tied to racism). The poverty is so severe in many cases that crime and gangs end up being the only options for many. And its gangs that are committing the vast majority of the murders and robberies.

Trump is the only one I’ve heard talk about doing it.

1 Like

Stanford College freshman on swimming scholarship who raped a drunk, passed out young woman trying to “hook up”.

Student lost his scholarship & was banned from campus, I believe must register as a sex offender.

Thanks

1 Like