Law of unintended consequences: Quarantines can kill people

Not surprising you don’t give blame to anyone else along the chain, especially those in China a WHO that dropped the ball more than the president.

1 Like

You couldnt be more wrong

That 20/20 hindsight is a bitch isn’t it. Had China done something earlier, or been truthfull this might have been completely avoided.

2 Likes

Because they dropped the ball. Trump followed their lead. Only one of those 2 are running this country

President Trump didn’t wait long at all to call a NE and it’s ridiculous to say he did.

He called a NE after 1 American death as opposed to the previous President who waited for over 1000 American deaths before calling a NE and that doesn’t account for other past Presidents who never called for an NE during far worse pandemics.

2 Likes

How much blame are YOU spouting about China and WHO?

I haven’t see much.

China could have stopped this from happening. They didn’t.

They won’t all need them at the same time. Who’s doing the logistical planning to make the best forecast one can make where the equipment will be needed and when?

Who’s helping all the private companies make sense of all the conflicting demand for materials and gear that are coming in so we can do things like prevent Fruit of the Loom from wasting its time making completely useless masks?

Leading health agency (supposedly) should be ignored – well Trump did that when he restricted travel to China AGAINST WHO’s recomendation. Media and Dem’s lost their minds and called Trump racist for taking steps.

2 Likes

We had a MONTH to prepare even granting the above happened.

So stop pretending that’s relevant to the discussion at this point.

Huh? He waited all the way until March 13th

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-declaring-national-emergency-concerning-novel-coronavirus-disease-covid-19-outbreak/

We had that same month lead time.

Address the important issue.

Even given China’s lies and WHO’s missteps, the US still had a MONTH’s lead time.

THAT and ONLY that is relevant.

As we see from the study, starting a MONTH earlier makes the caseload we are facing now MUCH less…and we could have a coherent plan in place, not one cobbled together in two weeks.

Please address this.

Yes and that needs to be dealt with. The thing is that Trump could of stopped it from happening here. He didn’t

Have fun waiting

What month lead time? When WHO finally said - “hey this might be bad”

I am. Complete failure of China a WHO.

For what?

Again that 20/20 hindsight is a bitch. Especially for WHO and China.

The month of lead time after the White House was briefed on it in January.

By January there wasn’t going to be a chance of stopping it. No travel restrictions EVER proposed by WHO or anyone else. December is when that should have happend, and ONLY would have happened had China been truthful and cared about anything other than apparances for their country.

What could or would have Trump done first part of January?

Word. You blamed Obama yesterday. I’ll testify.

Anything would of been better than ignoring itblike he did when he was briefed on it early January

Congress was briefed on it as well. How come no congress critter tried to raise an alarm with the media or public?

2 Likes

Thanks, I did and do believe that. There’s lots of people to blame. I just dont understand giving the current POTUS a complete pass on his horrible response