Larry Fitzgerald is such a class act

This story got little attention, but I wanted to post this about my favorite NFL player. If anyone is the definitely of a class act, it’s Larry Fitzgerald.

He went out of his way to shake the hand of a veteran in a wheelchair at a recent game, and also retreved an airman’s hat hat he lost while holding the flag.

Two small gestures that mean a lot, and say a lot about his character. @Blackwolf I’m sure you will agree it’s going to be a big loss to the Cardinals as well as the entire NFL when he retires.

http://politifeed.net/sports/1-nfl-player-rushes-field-during-national-anthem-stuns-the-crowd-when-he-reaches-out-and-grabs-an-airmans-hat-2

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, Joanne. Fitzgerald is indeed exceptional. The Cardinals will retire his number when it’s time, and rightly so.

1 Like

Oh yeah - he’s also a reasonably talented wide receiver, too: :wink:

1 Like

Not trying to stir the pot Joanne, but would you have the give him the same praise if he kneeled once before during the anthem?

Great guy. Too bad he’s almost certainly going to retire without a ring.

2 Likes

I’ll never forget Larry Fitzgerald’s amazing TD reception in Super Bowl 43, with just minutes to go, putting his team up in the game.

Unfortunately for him, Santonio Holmes and my Steelers had a catch of their own yet to come.

Not forgetting the greatest play in Super Bowl history, James Harrison’s 100-yard interception return for TD after time had expired in the first half.

Good times.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that. It’s a great video.

I agree., although he won’t be the first great player to retire without a SB win. Even so, if anyone deserves it, it’s Larry.

Not trying to stir the pot, but ask me a question designed to stir the pot?

Can we not have a thread once in awhile that is politics free and just discuss someone many people like and respect?

You are better than this.

Larry has always been that guy. I honor him as often as I can by drafting him on my fantasy team if he’s available. Not only is he a great guy but he’s a great flex play as well.

1 Like

I agree on all counts.

Especially in PPR leagues. With that said, he’s always accounted himself with class. Hopefully an induction in the Hall of Fame awaits.

Surely he has the numbers.

I would guess he’s a lock for the Hall of Fame once he’s eligible.

Easy lock and probably a first ballot as well even though in reality thats sort of a crock considering Terrell Owens didn’t get in on the first ballot. But Fitz is a likeable guy, great teammate, and pretty much the anti T.O. so the media voters will reward him. Doesn’t mean he’s not deserving, this more a comment on T.O.

Standard or PPR?
But yeah, he’s a good dude. Unfortunately my team is going to give them a nice tushy smackin this coming Sunday.
#HTTR