Labor shortage in America. A viable solution? Here are a couple

How can you see anything with masks covering your eyes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

California passed a proposition to ignore reality

Blueberries raspberries and a lot of others. Strawberry picking is under study for automation.

Ok. I get the need to try to shove in as many talking points as possible, regardless of how unrelated they are to the point being made, but do you feel better now that you’ve gotten this off your chest?

The articles I linked are from 10 years ago, and demonstrate that there’s more to the talking points than the cool gotcha phrases. Wages were driven UP as a result of the typical farm worker avoiding those jobs to avoid potential repercussions for them or their families…then no one would do the work. My point was as clear as day, and that information is easily found in the articles.

We can’t lament the “illegals drive wages down” when they’re largely doing work that citizens won’t do for higher wages.

You can think about 10 years ago. How bout coming to the reality of the moment. You are soooooooo funny

1 Like

And may they forever stay in abject poverty for being lazy and expecting more than they deserve

Gee and we wonder how that happened? People had to work because hand outs weren’t handed out like candy.

I’ve been to plants that offer 5k signing bonuses and it still doesn’t attract people. The lazy gonna be lazy! Stop rewarding the lazy and the economy will correct itself.

2 Likes

The unspoken parts about what people “deserve” and that there needs to be an impoverished desperate class to exploit for their labor is quite interesting.

You don’t believe people can be inherently entitled and inherently lazy? If you don’t, you’re extremely gullible.

The States that have cut Unemployment have not seen people return to work.

There is something else going on like THERE IS A PANDEMIC.

There are machines to pick just about anything. But the upfront costs can be higher than what it costs to hire people.

Yeah people are so scared!!! Obama certainly is throwing that super spreader Bday party! No people just don’t want to get off their ass, and your party passes bs to encourage people to not work. When I go to plants offering 5k signing bonuses and they can’t get anyone, then lazy is the problem, not pay. If people can get paid lots of money to not work, it creates its own pandemic. You are monumentally naive to think people aren’t lazy.

Everyone is automating because people don’t want to spend more than the market value of what that market bares for manual labor. Libs don’t understand that paying unemployment the way they are, ramps up people wanting to move toward automation. People are too unreliable.

They’ve been trying for decades. I guess it’s about time someone perfected a system.

If they aren’t working for the money being offered… then the money is not enough.

1 Like

A 5 thousand dollar signing bonus isn’t enough? Just like I said! Entitled lazy people! It’s easier to get paid for nothing then to get paid for something. If a man is lazy may he not eat! I truly believe that moralism. Your party is prolonging the inevitable economic collapse of this country.

AI has come a long way recently as have robotics.

Industry 4.0 is coming and there is nothing the Dems can do about it.

Again, they shouldn’t have to compete with the government for labor, unlike the government, they can’t print money.

Then where are all the rock ribbed republicans who could snap up those signing bonuses? They lost jobs too.