Labor Secretary Acosta Resigns

https://twitter.com/nbcpolitics/status/1149674790925623297?s=21

And good riddance to this Pedo Pardoning Scumbag.

“Another one bites the dust” is overused. I think we’re now in “Let the bodies hit the floor” territory.

5 Likes

I hear “the best people” bounce a little when they hit the floor.

3 Likes

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.

If I were him I would have used the same strategy that Donald Trump uses. Never admit fault, never back down and immediately go on the offensive and attack as many people as possible.

Had he done that he could have survived this terrible miscarriage of justice.

3 Likes

Extra dose of victim blaming would helped, for sure. His obvious lack of empathy was not a strong enough play in Trumps world.

Glad this piece of garbage is gone.

4 Likes

“Only the best”

I wonder what he got from Epstein in return for the sweetheart deal he gave him.

1 Like

Ha- Judge Napolitano was right- he said he’d be gone by Friday. https://thehill.com/homenews/media/452583-foxs-napolitano-predicts-acosta-will-be-out-as-labor-secretary-by-end-of-week

Looks like Epstein’s gig may have been as much about a blackmail-extortion ring as it was a pedo sex ring.

Report coming out too that Acosta told the transition team he was ordered to back off Epstein because he was “intelligence”. Not sure on the credibility of that.

1 Like

So that whole dog and pony show on Wednesday was a lie? Oh.

2 Likes

Good riddance. Only the best. :slight_smile:

You don’t think TrumpBarr told him to get the hell out?

Seems like a predictable pattern at this point. Trump defends someone and within a few days they are gone.

Another acting secretary incoming! How many is that now?

1 Like

To be fair Its not the first time a President backs someone publicly and a few days later they are gone.

Here are the eight previous cabinet officials who have left office:

1. Department of Defense Secretary James Mattis: Resigned on Dec. 31, 2018
  2. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price: Resigned on Sept. 20, 2017
  3. Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly: Resigned on July 28, 2017
  4. Department of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen: Resigned on April 24, 2019
  5. Department of the Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke: Resigned on Jan. 2, 2019
  6. Attorney General Jeff Sessions: Resigned on Nov. 7, 2018
  7. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson: Resigned on March, 31 2018
  8. Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin: Resigned on March 28, 2018

For context: During the Obama Administration, there was no turnover in cabinet agencies, two and a half years into his first term.

During the Bush Administration, one cabinet secretary had left office as of June 2003: Department of the Treasury Secretary Paul O’Neill.

1 Like

A complete waste of everyone’s time.

Good. What’s next.

Well, on the plus side, that shows that Trump is draining the swamp …

2 Likes

He’s a Hispanic man?
Once again, fat donald the quiet part out loud. :rofl:

“He’s a tremendous talent. He’s a Hispanic man. He went to Harvard."

https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/1149685475352940545?s=21

2 Likes