Kneeling during the anthem vs flag shorts

Absolutely you do.

However, the NFL has no right to fire a person because they chose to kneel.

Which is why the NFL is very careful to say the kneeling is not the reason Colin Kaepernick doesn’t have a job currently.

I hope your flag doesn’t blow in the wind. I wouldn’t want you thinking it’s not the American flag just because some of it is obscured by folds from the breeze.

They have every right to fire an employee whose actions are causing a reduction in revenue.

No they do not…not in this case.

Which again…is why they are careful to not say Kaepernick doesn’t have a job for not kneeling for the flag.

The instant they said that…they’d be slapped with a huge lawsuit…and they would lose.

You think they don’t know this?

Wow…dance around what I said. I’ll bet you twerk too? :sunglasses:

It’s not a dance around.

It’s a direct answer to you assertion.

You can’t fire someone for not standing at attention for the National Anthem no matter how much money you think is being lost because of it.

You simply cannot.

…and I’d wager there’s a clause in a player’s contract regarding their personal conduct and if that conduct negatively reflects on the organization, it’s grounds for termination?

Can’t include kneeling for the Anthem as part of that.

That’s been decided for 75 years.

Again I guarantee you if the NFL tried it, they’d get sued, lose and lose big.

As they should. No one has the right to tell another what the “right” display of patriotism is and no one deserves to be punished for not doing it that “right way”

To believe this should happen betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of what liberty and patriotism are.

1 Like

Personally I find the fake patriotism at sporting events offensive.

1 Like

As do I.

Especially when it came out that it’s essentially paid advertising for the military.

1 Like